What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burger King for dinner!

Well I don't think its known for being brilliant. But I don't know really as I haven't eaten one for possibly 15 years!
I simply cannot wait until our weekly carry-out meal from American fast food fish-and-chips shop Long John Silver's.

Am I looking forward to eating it, yes. But I'm really looking forward to your comment once I post a photo, being that you're from Fishandchipia (aka, The UK). I may even ask that, before you look at the photo, you have someone ready to take a pic of your initial expression. It'll be priceless. They may even make a new emoji from it, one to describe a combined feeling of shock, disgust, and sadness. 🤨😔😧 all rolled into one. :)

I simply cannot wait until our weekly carry-out meal from American fast food fish-and-chips shop Long John Silver's.

Am I looking forward to eating it, yes. But I'm really looking forward to your comment once I post a photo, being that you're from Fishandchipia (aka, The UK). I may even ask that, before you look at the photo, you have someone ready to take a pic of your initial expression. It'll be priceless. They may even make a new emoji from it, one to describe a combined feeling of shock, disgust, and sadness. 🤨😔😧 all rolled into one. :)

I can't wait!

Well I don't think its known for being brilliant. But I don't know really as I haven't eaten one for possibly 15 years!
My sister had a craving for a BK Whopper Jr. last week, so I drove through for her. I had a crispy chicken sandwich. It was pretty good, actually. That's the first fast food I have eaten in several years, and I hadn't eaten at a BK in probably a decade.

Have you ever eaten Burger King in the UK? I'm wondering if the Italian version is somehow better, since I know you like it so much.

No never, I have no idea if here in Italy it tastes better than in the UK, however I can say that the meat of the burger is better than that one of McDonald’s - at least for me.
The chips are incredible anyway, firm and crispy, oh my....

No never, I have no idea if here in Italy it tastes better than in the UK, however I can say that the meat of the burger is better than that one of McDonald’s - at least for me.
The chips are incredible anyway, firm and crispy, oh my....

Well ... maybe I will have to try a Burger King burger. I'm sure they must deliver...

Well ... maybe I will have to try a Burger King burger. I'm sure they must deliver...
I did the drive thru. Easy enough, paid with a credit card. I keep sanitizer in the door of my car so I gooped up my hands after I took the food and my card back. The drive thru employee was wearing a mask and gloves. The food is hot, heat of 160F kills COVID. I disinfected the packaging at my sister's with sanitizing wipes. That was last week and I am not sick.

I did the drive thru. Easy enough, paid with a credit card. I keep sanitizer in the door of my car so I gooped up my hands after I took the food and my card back. The drive thru employee was wearing a mask and gloves. The food is hot, heat of 160F kills COVID. I disinfected the packaging at my sister's with sanitizing wipes. That was last week and I am not sick.

We don't have a drive through here.

And a little prosciutto and melone skewer

View attachment 44282

At a high end Italian restaurant we've been to in Daytona Beach several times, they make a mosaic out of honeydew, cantaloupe and watermelon cut into perfect little squares with practically see through slices of prosciutto shingled beside them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom