What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef brisket sliders, marinated in spices overnight, then slow cooked for 8 hours, and finished off in a hot oven.

And a video that as usual goes too long.

View: https://youtu.be/tnjV-io2F6E

Last week I got the mix for British style banger's from SausageMaking.org I then visited our English speaking local butcher. He happily agreed to use my recipe 90% pork as long as I buy 3 kg. I picked them up yesterday. They are beautiful, we had 1/2 kg on the grill last night. The rest are vacpac

ked and in the freezer.

Here we go...

I could ask my son or daughter who live nearby to bring me one - but frankly, they would think I've lost the plot! They would say, 'Mum, are you serious?'
Or, ring them, and say, "I want a double whopper with cheese, large onion rings, caramel milkshake, and the apple pie. I'm Sixty-<bleeping>-whatever years old, I'm on lockdown, and I've stopped day-drinking. I DON'T GIVE A <BLEEP> ANYMORE!!!" 😖

Angel food cake and a cup of tea. Looking forward to dinner tonight!
View attachment 44326
Maybe another cultural difference, but this is what we call angel food cake here:

It's made with just the egg whites and I don't know what else, but it has this weird sort of dry cotton ball texture that I can't stomach, though MrsTasty loves it.

Yours looks much better.

Mate you nailed it. Do you accept internet marriage proposals ?
murphyscreek has this lovely voice too, so calm and slow. I'd have him cook for me and then read me a bed-time story.
I think the months of isolation are getting to some of us... :whistling:

Well it is dead still outside right now, not even raining. Guess for us it is a dud.
So we were watching the news last night, and they were covering the storm. They were using terms like "devastating," and "complete destruction," in predicting what was going on there.

At the same time, MrsTasty was texting her best friend, who lives down there, and she was saying, "Uh...no. This is just like a really good storm. Kind of gusty, some good rain, that's about it."

Glad it turned out to be a nonevent.

And Olive all’Ascolana, i.e. fried meat-stuffed olives

View attachment 44337
Now that's something I'd love to see a recipe for!

Here we go...

Or, ring them, and say, "I want a double whopper with cheese, large onion rings, caramel milkshake, and the apple pie. I'm Sixty-<bleeping>-whatever years old, I'm on lockdown, and I've stopped day-drinking. I DON'T GIVE A <BLEEP> ANYMORE!!!" 😖

Maybe another cultural difference, but this is what we call angel food cake here:

It's made with just the egg whites and I don't know what else, but it has this weird sort of dry cotton ball texture that I can't stomach, though MrsTasty loves it.

Yours looks much better.

I think the months of isolation are getting to some of us... :whistling:

So we were watching the news last night, and they were covering the storm. They were using terms like "devastating," and "complete destruction," in predicting what was going on there.

At the same time, MrsTasty was texting her best friend, who lives down there, and she was saying, "Uh...no. This is just like a really good storm. Kind of gusty, some good rain, that's about it."

Glad it turned out to be a nonevent.

Now that's something I'd love to see a recipe for!

That is the media for you, couldn't tell the truth if their life depended on it. The really sad thing is that some folks actually believe their BS.

Yours looks much better.

I wouldn't know what angel food cake is supposed to look like. I got gifted these by my fellow Anglophile friend yesterday, and they're British Mr.Kipling cakes.

Salsa made from locally farmed tomatoes and sweet corn mixed with diced peaches from the Georgia peach truck that was in the area this week along with stored bought red onion and cilantro.

We are not fans of hot /spicy peppers so I don’t mix in the salsa, just have a side dish diced for those that guests that want to add to their portion to make it spicier.

I am amazed that anyone voluntarily eats BK whoppers. The most disgusting of all the fast food burgers. It's 90% mayo and 10% meat. And here I thought I wasn't a food snob. :laugh:

:roflmao:They wouldn't believe me. They really wouldn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom