What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's meal was a light follow up to the lox nori rolls I had earlier, - chicken lumpia.

full.jpg

I had a light breakfast today as well.

Those were my personal favorite variety of jarred pickles - bread-n-butter pickles.
Aren't those sweet? I only like dill. Obviously only my preference really matters :laugh:

Last edited:
Yeah, they're sweet, but I have three jars of dills you could choose from. :laugh:
I only eat pickles on burgers or pickle relish in chicken salad (or tuna salad). Now interestingly, I don't mind sweet pickle relish. It's just the idea of eating a whole sweet pickle or just pickle chips/spears alone that I can't handle.

And of course I put pickle relish in my tartar sauce, usually sweet relish.

A local specialty, cottage ham (smoked pork shoulder) with green beans and potatoes:

I paired that with an American gewürztraminer. I find that the peppery acidity adds a playfulness that complements the overtones of tangerine and...ok, that's a load of BS. The gewürztraminer was what was in the fridge. :laugh:

Seriously, though, I did get the ultimate compliment from MrsT: "This is so good, I'm getting tears in my eyes!"

I only eat pickles on burgers or pickle relish in chicken salad (or tuna salad). Now interestingly, I don't mind sweet pickle relish. It's just the idea of eating a whole sweet pickle or just pickle chips/spears alone that I can't handle.

And of course I put pickle relish in my tartar sauce, usually sweet relish.
I have relish too. I likes mah pickles!

MrsT had to yell at me today to put back a jar of pickles at the store because we already have, as she put it, "a bazillion jars of pickles already!"

I have relish too. I likes mah pickles!

MrsT had to yell at me today to put back a jar of pickles at the store because we already have, as she put it, "a bazillion jars of pickles already!"
That's why my husband doesn't go shopping with me and I rarely send him alone. Most of the time I do curbside these days, but if I send him to the store for a few things, he comes back with too much stuff we don't need, and duplicates of what I asked for. I've even circled the number of items (1) to be clear but he gets extra anyway.

That's why my husband doesn't go shopping with me and I rarely send him alone. Most of the time I do curbside these days, but if I send him to the store for a few things, he comes back with too much stuff we don't need, and duplicates of what I asked for. I've even circled the number of items (1) to be clear but he gets extra anyway.
The very few times she's gone in my place, the shopping list of potatoes, steak, and half-and-half weirdly turned into Oreos, Cap'n Crunch, and Zagnuts. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom