What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, “that’s all” for you 😅
I thought you were more informed about the difference between a flatbread and a pizza
There are some popular pizza places in the US that have such horrible pizza crusts that you'd be wishing it was toppings on a flatbread instead. This one chain, Papa John's, has some of the worst pizza I've ever eaten.

There are some popular pizza places in the US that have such horrible pizza crusts that you'd be wishing it was toppings on a flatbread instead. This one chain, Papa John's, has some of the worst pizza I've ever eaten.

I don’t know Papa John’s pizza and never ate it to judge, although I’ve already read somewhere about its bad reputation. But the point it’s another, not about quality but about the difference and the tradition.

I don’t know Papa John’s pizza and never ate it to judge, although I’ve already read somewhere about its bad reputation. But the point it’s another, not about quality but about the difference and the tradition.
No, I completely understand. But it's a lot easier to say "flatbread pizza" than it is to say "a flatbread with cheese and other toppings on it then baked in the oven". And here in the US you would be appalled at the number of restaurants that serve flatbread pizza. That's what it is called on their menus. It may not be proper but they do it.

And you will likely never have to suffer eating Papa John's. If you come to the US you should never eat at any of our pizza chains. Just go over to TastyReuben's and let him bake you one, I'm sure it will be much better. I had some pretty great pizza at some sidewalk ristorantes when visiting NYC in the past. Nothing like that where I live, unfortunately.

No, I completely understand. But it's a lot easier to say "flatbread pizza" than it is to say "a flatbread with cheese and other toppings on it then baked in the oven". And here in the US you would be appalled at the number of restaurants that serve flatbread pizza. That's what it is called on their menus. It may not be proper but they do it.

And you will likely never have to suffer eating Papa John's. If you come to the US you should never eat at any of our pizza chains. Just go over to TastyReuben's and let him bake you one, I'm sure it will be much better. I had some pretty great pizza at some sidewalk ristorantes when visiting NYC in the past. Nothing like that where I live, unfortunately.

Ok ok, I fully got your point, I was referring to The Velvet Curtain (impudent guy! 😂) provocation (double impudent!)

Last day of the stepsons summer holiday, and he wanted snacks for dinner. So we did.

Major Pizza Chains, Ranked Worst To Best

I'm not the only one who thinks Papa John's is the worst. And never heard of Papa Murphy's, but isn't Murphy an Irish name?
Papa Murphy's (they may have since gone out of business) are/were a "take-n-bake" chain. You'd pop in, and they'd have unbaked pizzas already assembled on their "specially-developed" baking tray (some kind of heat-proof space-age plastic crap), grab one of those for maybe $5US, get home, toss it in the oven and have pizza that was the same quality as, say, a higher-end supermarket frozen pizza.

I had them twice. Both times, not only did I get pizza, but diarrhea as well, no extra charge. 😒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom