What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of open sandwiches for dinner

A rarity for me, lunch at KFC. I had to wait on a prescription at CVS, and KFC was right across the street, so there I went:

That's one thing I don't like about fast-food chicken sandwiches, they don't pound the meat down to an even thickness, and you get that big fat knob of meat at one end, and pointy flat meat at the other. I'm sure they market-tested that and found that people assumed a chicken breast pounded out evenly was perceived as a preformed patty or something like that.

I rarely eat there because I don't particularly like KFC, especially their lower-quality-than-Taco-Bell sides, but they made me smile today. I'll tell you why:

A woman came in, looked like she was possibly living on the street, and she had a dog with her. You're not allowed to bring dogs in restaurants here, so she brought her into the little entrance way, between the inside and outside door, and left her there while she ordered her food. Luckily, no one came in or left while she was there (it was kind of early for lunch).

All she ordered was a large order of fries and a big cup of water to go, and she counted the money out in change, no bills. When the worker gave her her order, he said, "I put a little something extra in there for your dog," and as soon as she got out the door, she opened the and pulled out a plain chicken breast, no bun, and that dog of hers ate it in two bites.

Wilmington KFC, you just went up about 1000% in my book. Good on ya. :okay:

I did like this sign, it also gave me a good laugh:

As usual, my day started with coffee. The coffee included kahlua and white chocolate mocha creamer and was served with
After the coffee and Snickers bars, breakfast included two Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese biscuits, served with yam slices.

View attachment 68682
Those look like English muffins to me, not biscuits.

The box says 'biscuits'.
Ohhhkayyyy...but what did they taste like and what was the texture, out of curiosity, were they biscuit-like in texture or were more like English muffins? And in your opinion, were they mislabeled? Just curious.

This is what the box looks like and the photo on the box looks like a biscuit.

1628290633828.png

Just sayin' that your food doesn't look like that.
1628290713228.png

Ohhhkayyyy...but what did they taste like and what was the texture, out of curiosity, were they biscuit-like in texture or were more like English muffins? And in your opinion, were they mislabeled? Just curious.

You are correct. They remind me also of English muffins.

I threw away the box already, so I don't know why I called them biscuits. I thought I had a choice between biscuits and croissants.
It really doesn't matter, it's just syntax. I am sure that they are quite good. I like all 3 choices just fine. I mean, all breads are not created equal but...variety is good.

And these...
View attachment 68721

Jimmy Dean has you covered!
Yeah, skip the maple on mine, please. Y'all know how picky I am. One of my sisters puts sweet stuff on her sausage, she likes grape jelly on sausage biscuits, shudder!

I noticed that they didn't dare put egg and cheese on that with the maple and sausage, though. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom