What did you cook or eat today (August 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything in moderation. Ya gotta live a little.

Lay's has Lightly Salted chips now, including wavy dip chips. He won't see this post, but maybe if someone quotes it, he will see the product.

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 7.28.45 PM.jpg

CD

I'm sure there is plenty of salt in the dip, though!
Probably so.

Now here's a fun bit of Tasty Trivia: I never had dip on a potato chip until I moved away from home at 19, and to this day, while I like dip just fine, I still usually eat my chips without dip. Dip is more of a special occasion thing to my, like the holidays.

I also served a caprese salad with fresh buffalo mozz and basil and tomatoes from the garden.

We toasted dry champagne with dessert (our nephew and niece picked up a light citrus vanilla cake with fresh berries from Whole Foods). Just as we were toasting MIL's birthday and wishing her many more years to come, our phones started blowing up with the news (via text) that hubby's middle daughter delivered her healthy, 8 pound 1 ounce baby boy in Austin, TX.
That is a lot of effort, great meals! So nice of you and your husband.
So nice to feel how happy and excited you were.
Congratulations to the new baby in your family.🌠🍀🥂🧡

Today is the last day of my antibiotics treatment. Yeeey🌠👍👏

I will give my body rest for 2 days, and then back on with the iron supplement.

And I feel I need to go back to moderate if not low carb. Although I eat way smaller portions, as they do not bang lower my blood pressure as much, it is still quite a lot of carb, and the old issue might come back, for which I started low carb in December 2020.

Doc said I could eat everything. But I did not go back to white flour or sugar.

Baked a millet rye bread yesterday. Its scent is so inviting. On the dense side, but still good. Kid liked it for an open ham sammy.

Spelt and coconut flakes pancakes. The sweet condiments were for the kid.

Broccoli soup and pasta potato tuna salad. Not in the pic as it did not look photogenic. Fruit.

I started a journal of what and when I eat. It does help in recognizing what does what.
Will also need to start mealplanning. School is coming in 3 weeks.

As usual, my day started with coffee. The coffee included kahlua and white chocolate mocha creamer and was served with two fun size Snickers bars.

full.jpg

After the coffee and Snickers bars, breakfast included two Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese biscuits, served with yam slices.

full.jpg

Yes, I heard those are good spots. And a cajun seafood boil seems to be a real treat, and it looks amazing. It seems to be a Thing, that a lot of people know what it is...it was also referred to as a very socializing friendly meal, taking along friends or family and sharing the meal. Which is really nice. At any time. In particular after Covid. Or in the middle of Covid. I mean one two or three people is fun enough, no need to go crazy .

Yes, a crawfish boil is more than a meal, it is a social event. I have my own crawfish boil rig -- propane burner and crawfish pot. A crawfish pot has a basket inside. When the food is done, you pull the basket, and dump everything on a big, communal table covered with newspaper.

Everyone sits around the table, eats, and talks. It takes time to eat crawfish, so there is plenty of time to talk. Here is my rig in pre-covid action.

Crawfish001.jpg

CD

That is a lot of effort, great meals! So nice of you and your husband.
So nice to feel how happy and excited you were.
Congratulations to the new baby in your family.🌠🍀🥂🧡
Hey, don't give him too much credit, he bought the champagne, peeled the potatoes, and spent about 30 minutes turning on the grill and grilling the lamb and pork tenderloin, with me coming to the door and yelling, "It's time to pull those chops off the grill now before you overcook them!" I bought and prepped everything else, plus I bet you can guess who cleaned the house before and after, polished glassware and flatware, and did all the dishes and other cleanup after.

I seriously want to get hubby a grilling apron that says, "Please do not follow me outside to talk to me while I grill. If you talk to me I will certainly overcook your food."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom