What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

Last night I baked a conrflour quiche

Would like to hear more about that. Do you mean you used cornflour for the pastry?

You asked about putting oil in the filling. Well I've not come across that other than the fat contained in milk or cream - the classic filling is eggs and cream or milk. Maybe because you didn't include dairy it was missing that fat?

Mod.comment: I'm copying your post and my reply to the 'Dish of the month' thread.

Would like to hear more about that. Do you mean you used cornflour for the pastry?

You asked about putting oil in the filling. Well I've not come across that other than the fat contained in milk or cream - the classic filling is eggs and cream or milk. Maybe because you didn't include dairy it was missing that fat?

Mod.comment: I'm copying your post and my reply to the 'Dish of the month' thread.

I've replied in the other thread, but my vegan quiche uses cornflour to set the tofu/chickpea flour mixture and includes 1tbsp olive oil. Recipe is in the other thread as well, though I did modify it.

Sandwich Time:

How do you eat that without it going everywhere (except your mouth) or dismantling it and eating as 2 open sandwiches... or does your dog just do the clean up for you? Just curious because I've never worked it out. (I usually reconstruct them into 2 open sandwiches)

How do you eat that without it going everywhere (except your mouth) or dismantling it and eating as 2 open sandwiches... or does your dog just do the clean up for you? Just curious because I've never worked it out. (I usually reconstruct them into 2 open sandwiches)
You just smoosh it down a bit and hope for the best. The only messy part of this one was the juice from the tomato.

Starting bottom-to-top: bread, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, cheese, chicken, bacon, cheese, mustard, bread, and an olive.

You just smoosh it down a bit and hope for the best. The only messy part of this one was the juice from the tomato.

Starting bottom-to-top: bread, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, cheese, chicken, bacon, cheese, mustard, bread, and an olive.
My burgers look like that as well, except beetroot is there.

Russ

I should make that and freeze it for my Mom, she loves Japanese-Style Curry, add in the Katsu and she's in heaven!
She doesn't cook much for herself now, but being so close by to her now, I like to take her dishes I know she'll eat, rather than the Senior Living Community dining room she's at now, she said that the cook could learn a thing or two from me :laugh:

That looks fantastic! I made one a while ago and it was excellent. I live…18 miles from the closest Popeye’s, but I’ve yet to have theirs.
I've only had theirs twice, so I can't honestly make an accurate comparison..this one was good, but it started to get pretty sloppy at about the half way point.,needed a couple more napkins before I was done..I think I overdid it with the spicy mayo..it was slip sliding' away

Back
Top Bottom