What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

That looks fantastic! I made one a while ago and it was excellent. I live…18 miles from the closest Popeye’s, but I’ve yet to have theirs.

I live about two miles from the closest Popeye's, but rarely go there. I love their chicken, especially the spicy chicken sandwich, but their food has WAY too much sodium for me.

CD

Was a nice dinner with our friend. Only took a few pics because you guys know our order by now 🤣

Still playing catch up because this wouldn’t load fir me the other day.

Thursday lunch. I went to a place where you load up a bowl with ingredients then they cook it in your broth of choice then offer you garnish’s. The crispy deep fried chickpeas were a surprise in what is basically a malatang hot pot.

The thing with the white line in the centre in braised sliced pigs ear in case you’re wondering. There’s also some beef, loads of veg, a few thick slippery rice noodles, king oyster mushrooms.

Weekend food, as I didn´t take my laptop...
An Indian dinner for some friends who, every time I come to the UK, take me out to an Indian restaurant and never let me pay. AT LAST I got to cook for them. From top right, bhatura - fried yoghurt bread. Chana Masala - chick peas. Plato vacio - empty plate :laugh: :laugh: . Murgh Rizzala - chicken with a coriander/mint sauce. Mango chutney. Koosmali - shredded carrot, yoghurt and mustard seed. Raita -yoghurt salad with cucumber, mint and dill.
And the second picture is a cauliflower dish, with spicy tomato and yoghurt sauce.

Looking at the photos, I can´t work out why the sauce on the chicken (which was definitely green) looks brown, or why the cauliflower is bright orange instead of red.
Not much of a photographer here!!

I left the house early and skipped breakfast so I could get a jump on finishing my grocery shopping at the green grocer.
IMG_1975.JPG

I stopped in to my favorite Carniceria for a bite.
I asked for a Carne Asada street Taco on a flour tortilla, I wound up with two corn tortilla Taco instead, but that's okey-dokey with me. $5USD for all of this!!!
And would'ja look at all of the Cilantro on there, I do not care for it, but this is delicious! Also, normally they charge for the lime... how did I score today?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom