What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

Looking at the photos, I can´t work out why the sauce on the chicken (which was definitely green) looks brown, or why the cauliflower is bright orange instead of red.
Not much of a photographer here!!

I can take the photos into Photoshop and maybe get some info, but I can already see a yellow/magenta shift in the overall color. I can also see some daylight reflection on the top edge of a plate that is blueish. That tells me you had mixed lighting, daylight and artificial, and that can confuse your camera/phone cam.

CD

Lunch yesterday.
Persian Herb & Bean Soup with toast

This is my “death row” meal. Hainanese chicken and rice. I ate a lot of it in Singapore and figured I’d better try to make a version for myself. Now I just need to make a chili dipping sauce for next time.

8AC8908B-3AB4-4424-BA3A-401AF343FA8D.jpeg

Flank Steak with Mushrooms, Mini Sweet Bell Peppers, Sweet White Onion (Vidalia), baby Zucchini and Sweet Corn on the cob, YUM! Although the Flank Steak we hadn't in a while and it seemed flavorless and tough-chewy.

I tossed some sweet corn on the grill. Bad picture -- iPhone shot with built in flash in complete darkness.

1660620973206.jpeg

CD

This is my “death row” meal. Hainanese chicken and rice. I ate a lot of it in Singapore and figured I’d better try to make a version for myself. Now I just need to make a chili dipping sauce for next time.

View attachment 89180

As someone living in Singapore I can say that looks pretty good! The chili is not that hard to make. If/when I can be bothered to make this (which is hardly ever since it's so ubiquitous round here) I also do the minced ginger. I guess you know you might want this nearby as well: :)

Screenshot 2022-08-16 at 4.11.37 PM.png

That tells me you had mixed lighting, daylight and artificial, and that can confuse your camera/phone cam.

I thought the same. Its impossible to correct on my system (I did try). Next time karadekoolaid, switch off the artificial light (unless its dark outside of course!). Most phone cameras these days will cope with low natural light.

Within 500 metres or so of my house there is a stall selling very good carry oot Hainanese chicken rice. I'm surprised that I haven't eaten it for a while but their opening times are somewhat irregular.

I'm so happy folks! I found a way that I can eat corn,in a small portion and on the cob. Turns out it's the skin that causes bowel obstructions in me, but when you eat corn on the cob most of the skin remains on the cob. It's popcorn and tinned corn I must watch out for! So yay! I'm really having a great day so far :dance:
So this was corn, broccoli, spanish spiced potatoes and a vegetarian cheese burger.

Within 500 metres or so of my house there is a stall selling very good carry oot Hainanese chicken rice. I'm surprised that I haven't eaten it for a while but their opening times are somewhat irregular.

I love that dish! It's been on my to do list for a while, it's delicious and yours looks great!

I was wandering around Singapore with my wife. I was complaining about the humidity (pretty sure I was). we sought refuge in the big food court thing in a big covered building top. guy was serving H-chicken. man, that first bite was profound. I went back and got one for the wife, despite the bowl of Laksa she was eating. what an amazing dish. the rice, the chicken..all of it is so good and plays well with each other.

when we got home to the States, way later I was watching a show with Anthony Bordaine and he was at this food stand. it was the SAME ONE we found!! I bet if we go back I wouldn't even be able to find it. hahaha..

Back
Top Bottom