What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

Showing my body who’s boss:

Weirdly I’m watching a recipe for Croatian cabbage rolls on tv right.

They are using leaves of whole salt fermented cabbage then once all the filled rolls were in the pot with sauce they sliced all the heart of the cabbage and covered the rolls with it.

I’m interested in your pickle soup recipe please?
Here it is: Pickle soup

It was afternoon Happy Hour over at Mrs. Next Door Neighbors for the Gal Pals.
I never like to go empty handed ...

IMG_2034.JPG

I like to collect all sorts of frozen appetizers at the supermarkets to have at the ready for such emergencies :D
Cocktail Wieners wrapped in Puff Pastry and Cheese filled Puff Pastry Diamonds.
The dipping sauces are (starting at the top left) Tomato Ketchup, Hickory Farms brand Sweet Hot Mustard, Sweet Thai Chili Sauce and Chili Sauce (like Ketchup but with a kick) ... all delicious!
I made up a small pupu platter for DH before I left, he was in heaven, "what is this? we've never had this before!" Nope! `cuz it goes next door :laugh:

Last edited:
Egg skillet:

Eggs went a little long, more jammy than runny, but I got caught up in the infernal WW points tracking and they went too long. 😠

Anyway, onion, pepper, corn, green salsa, black beans, zucchini, tomato, garlic, eggs, and a little cheese. MrsT really liked this, which surprised me.

I like it too (though obviously I'd prefer runny eggs). Why was it surprising that she liked it?
She doesn't like green salsa and she's not all that crazy about most peppers.

This is exactly the kind of meal she needs to eat more of, though. Very filling, full of protein, big portion, and very low points for her WW stuff.

Back
Top Bottom