What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

She doesn't like green salsa and she's not all that crazy about most peppers.

This is exactly the kind of meal she needs to eat more of, though. Very filling, full of protein, big portion, and very low points for her WW stuff.

Maybe her tastes are changing. I do know that has happened to me in the past when I've changed my diet.

Maybe her tastes are changing. I do know that has happened to me in the past when I've changed my diet.
I think she’s so sick of eating raw cauliflower, avocados, and lettuce that anything I put in front of her that’s not that gets devoured.

Hand to god, the other night she actually said she missed having pizza. I could never get her to eat pizza before. :laugh:

Belated birthday treats:

I made hubby his usual breakfast of 3 eggs over toasted buns with melted cheese and this time I used salami for the meat (sometimes I use bacon or Canadian bacon). Then I made a banana cream pie with cream cheese in it so it's sorta like a no-bake cheesecake. Later I am going to toast and grind some pistachios to sprinkle for garnish atop the whipped cream I will put on it just before serving.

My nephew and his new wife (I keep calling her his fiancee, forgetting they ran off to the courthouse and got married in July, even though a big formal wedding is planned for next June) are coming over for dinner and it's to celebrate his birthday that was last month (then they got covid and then a bunch of other things kept us from getting together). I promised him lamb. I was going to make a lamb burger for him (I would rather have gyros, so would his wife and my husband), so he told me to not bother making him something different, let's all eat gyros. I am making it 1/2 ground Wagyu beef and 1/2 ground lamb with marjoram, oregano, etc. I also made a homemade roasted garlic hummus with everything bagel seasoning sprinkled on top, and made crostini out of my herbed sandwich buns I had frozen after the last challenge. They turned out super awesome.

I'll try to remember to take photos later.

Here's the recipes I found that I am using:

No-Bake Banana Cream Cheese Pie - Fifty Shades of Mommy
The Best Hummus
Easy Greek Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
Gyro Meat Recipe: How To Make Gyros

Last edited:
This is the cracker sausage I got on our road trip last weekend:

View attachment 89617
It’s so good, you don’t even need a plate - just eat it right off the wrapper!
Is that little bits of cheese in the salami? And I do hope you took off that outer wrapper from the salami ...

Back
Top Bottom