What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

Last night I made a fried pork chop sandwich (AKA poke-chop down South).

Pork chop sandwiches vary from region to region, but mine is a half-inch slice of pork loin, hammered with a meat mallet, breaded with corn starch (corn flour in the UK), an egg wash, and bread crumbs. I shallow fry it in peanut oil, to GB&D and an internal temperature of 145, then serve it on a kaiser roll with Swiss cheese and Cajun mustard.

I didn't feel like messing with a photo last night, but I'll try to take one next time.

CD

An egg wrap thingamajiggy:

The components: egg, tomato, frying pepper, cheeses.

DIY press.

Ugly, but good.

BRILLANT!
Love the idea of using saucers to weight down the, what do they call that in the restaurant? Oh dang it all, I forget, but it's like a quesadilla to me. I know I saw someone make this on YouTube!!!
Tortilla press?

Edited to add I meant a warming press.

Last edited:
A tortilla press is for pressing masa balls into tortillas. I don't think that's it.

CD
I meant warmer. Mental fart.

I ussd to go to Chipotle a lot back when they paid me to eat there (covert evaluations) and they had a warming press at the 1st position on the food line.

I meant warmer. Mental fart.

I ussd to go to Chipotle a lot back when they paid me to eat there (covert evaluations) and they had a warming press at the 1st position on the food line.

I generally just use a non-stick pan to make simple quesadillas, but I also have a Cuisinart Gridler that does a good job on thicker dillas with more stuff in them.

CD

Back
Top Bottom