What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

Speaking of inauthentic...

Sheet pan pizzas here tonight.

1 - mostly prawn but with 1/3 beetroot & goats cheese

2 - mostly everything but with mushrooms relegated to one end.

My Mom got Covid, few days after my Dad. Aside from the first 3 days, later she has been/is doing remarkably well.

Lovely 2nd day wholegrain pasta with homemade sauce a la bolognese. No pic, sorry. A good no-yeast homemade bread. Delicious green olives and beans paaste (a touch of chillli powder in it) over the bread. Wonderful chicken breast-bones (and some meat) soup with leek, carrots and onion, and the salty green olives salamure,and soem leftover pasta).

The latest food pictures in my phone are flops, but I'd share anyway. The above is to balance out the flops.:)

Theyudane method bread(rolls). Overbaked, my bad judgement and cooking with my daughter in a tiny kitchen at the same time.
Vegan, no sugar added ice cream attempt. Baked peaches and plums, coconut milk, dark chocolate crumbs, 2 spoons of gin (supposed to prevent the over-icing).

Those popsicles were too high for my present shelving in the freezer, so I transferred to a normal box. The taste is not bad at all, the texture is a flop, very iced, sherbety like, and I wanted creamy. Oh well, next time, I suppose.

The pillowy two bread rolls were filled with vegan cheese.

I’m doing something I haven’t done in a long time…eating at a department store cafe, at Nordstrom.

I’m just having fries and a beer, but there’s something that feels so…1940’s about eating in a department store restaurant. When I worked in downtown Minneapolis, I used to eat at one of the restaurants in Dayton’s (later Marshall Field’s…later Macy’s).

View attachment 88686
View attachment 88687
In Honolulu, we had Liberty House (then it was Macy's) and their restaurant was always a treat for me. My Paternal Grandmother worked there and when I was a kid and she would take us to lunch there, I felt like a princess.

I’m stocking the freezer again.

I made 5.5L of Thai red chicken curry yesterday.

I froze 4 x 1L containers and the rest is in the fridge for Monday night.

Coconut curries are my sons favourite but he hates the texture of sweet potato so I grate it and it disappears thickening the sauce. He loves the bamboo shoots though. I added carrot chunks, green capsicum, zucchini and peas too. It’s how I get veg into all of them. I wish I had one of those funky wavy Thai veg prepping tools.

Today I’ve got about 5L of veggie soup on.

I sweated Onion, garlic, cauli & broccoli stems (using the fluffy bits in tonight’s dinner) then stock & mostly zucchini with some chickpeas and potatoes - I will blend it with some cream, Parmesan & fresh parsley. They can have that on Tuesday with garlic bread. I’ll freeze it in 500ml containers for work lunches.

I passed on cooking again today, hubby is away tomorrow night until late on Tuesday evening, so it was pizza toast for lunch and spelt pasta with some leftover veggie mince which was reduced for quick sale (there was no tempeh or tofu at the supermarket this week!), garden peas and some homemade vegan lemon, sorrel & pistachio pesto from the freezer...

Back
Top Bottom