What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

The cafe owner near work was bragging to me yesterday that he had a special burger in mind for Friday so I told him I’d have one at 11am with sweet potato fries.

Chicken burger with cheese, bacon, rocket & mushrooms in a thick creamy sauce. Chips with homemade chilli sauce.

OMG. So much food. 8 hours later I couldn’t face dinner. I eventually had some fermented veggies and salad leaves with a glass of wine.

I’m doing something I haven’t done in a long time…eating at a department store cafe, at Nordstrom.

I’m just having fries and a beer, but there’s something that feels so…1940’s about eating in a department store restaurant. When I worked in downtown Minneapolis, I used to eat at one of the restaurants in Dayton’s (later Marshall Field’s…later Macy’s).

I’m doing something I haven’t done in a long time…eating at a department store cafe, at Nordstrom.

I’m just having fries and a beer, but there’s something that feels so…1940’s about eating in a department store restaurant. When I worked in downtown Minneapolis, I used to eat at one of the restaurants in Dayton’s (later Marshall Field’s…later Macy’s).

View attachment 88686
View attachment 88687

I don't think the Nordstrom in Frisco has a cafe. Wait, just checked the website, and they do have a cafe. I guess I don't shop at Nordstrom enough. 💲💲💲💲💲

I'm intending fried rice tomorrow (khow phadt khung). We (my wife) bought all the additional necessary ingredients today.
Are you cooking it?

I love Thai fried rice. I have fond memories growing up of my father taking me to a Thai restaurant in Florida where we lived. He would get Thai hot 🔥 dishes and I always got Thai fried rice.

My fried rice dish is very vegetable forward and I like finishing it with sesame oil and topped with sesame seeds. I also used sliced ribeye steak in mine last night but I often use pork tenderloin or prawns. It definitely doesn't lend itself to any particular Asian cuisine but is very tasty.

Back
Top Bottom