What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

Wait, what? Did I miss something here TastyReuben you guys are traveling?
Just MrsT. She’s going to her hometown (upstate NY) for her 40th high school reunion.

Her flight leaves at 6AM tomorrow morning, and it’s a 75-minute drive from our house to the airport, so we’re down the night before so we don’t have to get up at 2:30AM to get her on her flight.

We’re traveling together in September (Europe), then she’s headed down to Florida on her own in December, and we’ll likely drive over to her sister’s at some point (6 hours).

Just MrsT. She’s going to her hometown (upstate NY) for her 40th high school reunion.

Her flight leaves at 6AM tomorrow morning, and it’s a 75-minute drive from our house to the airport, so we’re down the night before so we don’t have to get up at 2:30AM to get her on her flight.

We’re traveling together in September (Europe), then she’s headed down to Florida on her own in December, and we’ll likely drive over to her sister’s at some point (6 hours).
Well, aren't you two just the jet-setters!
We haven't been anywhere in 3 years (not counting going to collect Mom in California).

I found some lovely fresh Corn on the cob at the green grocer the other day, what to do, what to do?

IMG_1936.JPG

Dry Rub then grilled/BBQ boneless/skinless Chicken thighs, Baked Beans and that gorgeously sweet summer corn!

IMG_1938.JPG

I deliberately made extra of everything and boxed it up for Mom. I cut up the meat for her because she struggles to do it herself, but won't ask for help... I started doing that for DH as well only because he's too lazy :laugh: but that also made Mom think that she isn't being treated any differently (it also looks like you're getting more than you really are :wink:)
I found these divided take-out containers at the Dollar Store, 50¢ each, not bad.
Mom puts them in her automatic dishwasher and gives them back to me to refill for her.
Her MIL use to tell us, "if you no gimme back my container, you no get no more!"
I guess it sunk in :laugh:

I found some lovely fresh Corn on the cob at the green grocer the other day, what to do, what to do?

View attachment 88557
Dry Rub then grilled/BBQ boneless/skinless Chicken thighs, Baked Beans and that gorgeously sweet summer corn!

View attachment 88558
I deliberately made extra of everything and boxed it up for Mom. I cut up the meat for her because she struggles to do it herself, but won't ask for help... I started doing that for DH as well only because he's too lazy :laugh: but that also made Mom think that she isn't being treated any differently (it also looks like you're getting more than you really are :wink:)
I found these divided take-out containers at the Dollar Store, 50¢ each, not bad.
Mom puts them in her automatic dishwasher and gives them back to me to refill for her.
Her MIL use to tell us, "if you no gimme back my container, you no get no more!"
I guess it sunk in :laugh:
I like my corn wrapped in foil with s and p and butter. On the bbq.

Russ

Dinner with customers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. They took us to some famous local seafood place and the ordering was a little over the top (but it turned out to be quite reasonably priced in the end):

A fried tilapia:

IMG_3966.jpg

A prawn fried rice:

IMG_3968.JPG

Salt and pepper squid:

IMG_3969.JPG

Clams in ginger and spring onion:

IMG_3971.JPG

Well, aren't you two just the jet-setters!
We haven't been anywhere in 3 years (not counting going to collect Mom in California).
We were doing really well there for a while, two Europe trips a year and one US, plus a couple of extra things for MrsT, but then covid stopped all that.

...cont

..umm pork intestines. We actually didn't order it and there was some mix-up but they let us keep it without charge. I tried it - it was chewy. The best thing I can say about it was 'it didn't taste like poo, so there's that...' Two of my Malaysian colleagues finished it.

IMG_3972.JPG

Chilli crab:

IMG_3973.JPG

Salted Egg crab:

IMG_3974.JPG

Fried prawns with garlic and chili:

IMG_3970.JPG

But…that didn’t appeal to MrsT and her new healthy lifestyle, so off we went to drive 15 minutes to have salad at a place that I’m sure is making money on the side as a daycare center.

Salads can be super calorific as we all know - but that menu you posted looks really good, and includes salads as well as plenty of low fat options. 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom