What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

SatNavSaysStraightOn garlichead I think that a vegetarian/vegan Cold Somen Salad would be possible and be just as tasty, I think. And yes, I did a quick "giggle" search and found at least one Kombu Dashi recipe and then use all veg. And may I also add, if you are a vegetarian/vegan you don't care for animal products anyhows, at least that's how I understand it from my vegan friends.
This recipe has so little meat/fish in it all veg would still be appealing to me, a omnivore.

I was commissioned to make a batch of that Hot Pepper Jelly that I had made for our Community's Bake & Craft Sale back in March. This gal who lives in our neighborhood went out, bought a case of Mason jars, brought them over to our house and said, "when the mood strikes you, you make it and I'll pay you for it."

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

Now they need to sit and then I'll label them and drop them off at her house.
Don't ya just love this kitchen towel by the way?

SatNavSaysStraightOn garlichead I think that a vegetarian/vegan Cold Somen Salad would be possible and be just as tasty, I think. And yes, I did a quick "giggle" search and found at least one Kombu Dashi recipe and then use all veg. And may I also add, if you are a vegetarian/vegan you don't care for animal products anyhows, at least that's how I understand it from my vegan friends.
This recipe has so little meat/fish in it all veg would still be appealing to me, a omnivore.
I was laughing at how you borrowed rascal's "giggle" LOL!

I was commissioned to make a batch of that Hot Pepper Jelly that I had made for our Community's Bake & Craft Sale back in March. This gal who lives in our neighborhood went out, bought a case of Mason jars, brought them over to our house and said, "when the mood strikes you, you make it and I'll pay you for it."

View attachment 88541
View attachment 88542
Now they need to sit and then I'll label them and drop them off at her house.
Don't ya just love this kitchen towel by the way?

That hot pepper jelly looks lovely. I think you need to post the recipe here.

I’m at Golden 🤬 Corral. The less said, the better.
Wow, I haven't eaten there in probably 10 years? I actually think they have pretty good fried chicken and a few other things aren't too bad, either. We used to take the kids there. Always interesting to see what they would choose to put on their plates.

I’m at Golden 🤬 Corral. The less said, the better.
We have a Golden Corral here in Cowboyville... DH & L went to go try it (never been to one before-didn't that in Hawaii when we lived there) ... we walked in and walked right back out ... it smelled of urine! When I was talking about this with a neighbor, they told that that place is awefull, the old folk go there and have issues getting to bathrooms fast enough :eek:

Are you being held at gunpoint? Should we call the police? If you can't answer in front of the kidnappers, just post, "Wow, this steak is good." We'll know what to do.

CD
Here’s where I wanted to go, in the hotel next door to where we’re staying right now:

They had several things there that looked good, and it was dark and intimate and no kids and a bar, and a five minute walk to boot.

But…that didn’t appeal to MrsT and her new healthy lifestyle, so off we went to drive 15 minutes to have salad at a place that I’m sure is making money on the side as a daycare center.

For the record (and this topic), I had a salad that was mainly chopped romaine, a load of shredded cheddar, and a bucket of ranch dressing (that part was good :laugh:), a little piece of pot roast/potato, a little piece meatloaf, a fried chicken wing, a bread roll, a quarter of an Italian sausage, a quarter of a piece of brownie, a quarter of a rice crispy treat, and the vanilla frosting off a cupcake.

Here’s where I wanted to go, in the hotel next door to where we’re staying right now:

View attachment 88553
They had several things there that looked good, and it was dark and intimate and no kids and a bar, and a five minute walk to boot.

But…that didn’t appeal to MrsT and her new healthy lifestyle, so off we went to drive 15 minutes to have salad at a place that I’m sure is making money on the side as a daycare center.

For the record (and this topic), I had a salad that was mainly chopped romaine, a load of shredded cheddar, and a bucket of ranch dressing (that part was good :laugh:), a little piece of pot roast/potato, a little piece meatloaf, a fried chicken wing, a bread roll, a quarter of an Italian sausage, a quarter of a piece of brownie, a quarter of a rice crispy treat, and the vanilla frosting off a cupcake.
Hell I do better than that,even on a bad day.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom