What did you cook or eat today (August 2022)?

I don’t know where you found that feature photo, but I must say, it’s a very nice one. Excellent composition, good use of light and balance, some other photo-y sounding things, f-stop white balance shutter speed, snap snap, yes indeed… :laugh:

Grilling Jerk wings, stuffed banana peppers from the garden, cob on the corn, and taters…

918B9966-873C-413D-9F35-9AE0B625E0D5.jpeg 4F518193-AFE8-4DC4-B913-27AAFCD28286.jpeg 855A55F9-41F2-43EE-A7E5-538056A99A80.jpeg F7E7C835-21F3-44EA-8D50-97DD3BE85B06.jpeg

Last edited:
One of the many things I needed to get done today was start with the cooking. Lunch made for the next few days. It was one of those recipes that left you wondering if the magazine it came from had even read what they had written

Just lots of little things, like 4 lime leaves not removed before puree-ing (they were duely extracted), 1Tbsp of white wine then the next line just says maple syrup, not quantity given, and finally reserve the coriander leaves (stems and roots are chopped and cooked), but then they are never mentioned again. Grrr

Anyhow it was nice, just really glad I didn't use 3 inches of ginger, just used the 1 inch which worked out at around 2 heaped Tbsp heading onto 3!

One of the many things I needed to get done today was start with the cooking. Lunch made for the next few days. It was one of those recipes that left you wondering if the magazine it came from had even read what they had written

Just lots of little things, like 4 lime leaves not removed before puree-ing (they were duely extracted), 1Tbsp of white wine then the next line just says maple syrup, not quantity given, and finally reserve the coriander leaves (stems and roots are chopped and cooked), but then they are never mentioned again. Grrr

Anyhow it was nice, just really glad I didn't use 3 inches of ginger, just used the 1 inch which worked out at around 2 heaped Tbsp heading onto 3!
That sounds like the recipes my grandma gives us (like a paella recipe where she forgets to mention the turmeric!)

IMG_1928.JPG

I told DH that I was having "a French-style lunch today"
Wonderful crackers topped with Gorgonzola and Brie (ran out of Gorgonzola) and Wine.
It's hot, I've been busy and it's a great way to have Wine in the early afternoon at home, "I'm being French today"
It worked, he was okay with all of the above, must be the presentation ... :laugh:

It's what's for dinner ...

IMG_1929.JPG

Cold Somen Salad
I haven't made this dish in a while and DH asked, "why not?"
Because I can no longer get Kamaboko (Japanese steamed Fish Cake) here in Cowboyville.
There was this nice gal that would drive down into "The Big City" and bring back up alot of the Asian essential food items, but she shuttered her doors with all that has been going (don't blame her really).
SO!
We where down in the Tucson area last month, I brought some back with us and stashed them into the deep freeze... I only have three left.

It's what's for dinner ...

View attachment 88520

Cold Somen Salad
I haven't made this dish in a while and DH asked, "why not?"
Because I can no longer get Kamaboko (Japanese steamed Fish Cake) here in Cowboyville.
There was this nice gal that would drive down into "The Big City" and bring back up alot of the Asian essential food items, but she shuttered her doors with all that has been going (don't blame her really).
SO!
We where down in the Tucson area last month, I brought some back with us and stashed them into the deep freeze... I only have three left.
I was thinking about this dish, and y'know, this really could be made all vegan and still be absolutely delicious!!

Back
Top Bottom