What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just used Preview, which is included on all Macs.

Not sure what Preview is. I edit photos on MacBook Pro in 'Photos' which is included. Screenshot example:

Screen Shot 2023-08-26 at 22.01.05.png

Not sure what Preview is. I edit photos on MacBook Pro in 'Photos' which is included. Screenshot example:

View attachment 104158

I haven't done much with Apple Photos. I recall trying it years ago and hating it. :laugh: Apple's Preview is mostly used to view images and documents. It's most common use is to view .PDF documents. The editing features are VERY limited.

CD

I haven't done much with Apple Photos. I recall trying it years ago and hating it. :laugh: Apple's Preview is mostly used to view images and documents. It's most common use is to view .PDF documents. The editing features are VERY limited.

CD

Ah - got it. Never occurred to me to use it to adjust colour etc. Yeah. I see its limited. Photos is too but has a bit more to it. Its enough for my needs (which are limited!).

Looks good, but I'll wait until it's not 108-degrees outside. It should be good sometime around Christmas. :laugh:

CD
Use an Instant Pot/Pressure cooker, and you can have pot roast in about an hour and no heat in the kitchen any time of year.

Stew is like chili or gumbo to me. It is winter food.

CD

I would have a major stew/chilli dearth if I had to await the cold weather. Our "winter" (cool dry season) temperatures possibly drop to 15°C and last around 4 weeks.

I am currently cooking/eating stews and soups until I can get rid of this irritating cough which does not want to go away.

Yesterday it was carry oot char siu noodles with minced pork wontons.

Today it is re-heated chicken, mushroom and vegetable soup/stew

And tomorrow will likely be pork and mushroom soup, then prawn soup (probably tom yam) later in the week.

Last edited:
Made the chicke éttouffée recipe from "Joy of Cooking". It was good, but since I never ate the real stuff (we don't have any cajun/creole restaurants here in Portugal), I have nothing to compare to. I know I messed up the sausage, andouille sausage is unheard of here in Portugal and I picked the wrong substitute. I should have used chorizo but I just used a regular spicy sausage that completely fell apart.
1693126927497.png

1693126938548.png

Also used some leftover frozen bread to make croutons and breadcrumbs, and made chicken stock too.
1693126995060.png

1693127007520.png

Looks good, but I'll wait until it's not 108-degrees outside. It should be good sometime around Christmas. :laugh:

CD
I used my instapot, it took an hour to make and it didn't heat up my kitchen. I was craving it all week and it was so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom