What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making vege samosas atm. Peas and potatoes with indian flavours.
I will make the pastry and wrap. Will assemble when wife has time to make with me.she makes the pockets work?
Freezer food, I usually get about 35 of these.
I'm having piece of leftover pizza. Made Saturday night with tastys recipe dough.
10/10

Russ

I will make the pastry and wrap. Will assemble when wife has time to make with me.she makes the pockets work?
Freezer food, I usually get about 35 of these.
Samosas freeze really well.
Over here I can buy ready-made pastry discs which, when cut into halves, are perfect for making samosas. I just bought a kg packet yesterday and I'm thinking of spending a nice relaxing afternoon this week making about 70 samosas.

Over here I can buy ready-made pastry discs which, when cut into halves, are perfect for making samosas. I just bought a kg packet yesterday and I'm thinking of spending a nice relaxing afternoon this week making about 70 samosas.

This is my filling

Russ
20230828_140722.jpg

Pastry is simple flour salt ghee water.

Russ

I used to freeze after we made them but they pastry cracked. I prefry now to set the pastry. Then freeze

Russ

Pastry is simple flour salt ghee water.
...and that's definitely the best. However, I was once asked to make 800 samosas, about 15 years ago, and I thought, blow that for a game of soldiers, let me try with the ready-made pastry. Client (who was from India) approved, so I've never looked back!

...and that's definitely the best. However, I was once asked to make 800 samosas, about 15 years ago, and I thought, blow that for a game of soldiers, let me try with the ready-made pastry. Client (who was from India) approved, so I've never looked back!

You got a pic of that pastry please?
My way Is quite laborious. Wife hates doing it.

Russ

You got a pic of that pastry please?
Dunno if it will help, because it's sold over here in the supermarkets to make "empanadas". You take a circle of the pastry ( a kilo pack's got about 30 discs) fill it with minced meat,or chicken, or cheese, or cheese and beans, then fold it over and seal it. From what I see, I think it's probably 100 gms flour, 20 gms veg shortening, salt and water. There are several brands, but the supermarket (Plaza's Supermarket) brand is the best I've tried.

Dunno if it will help, because it's sold over here in the supermarkets to make "empanadas". You take a circle of the pastry ( a kilo pack's got about 30 discs) fill it with minced meat,or chicken, or cheese, or cheese and beans, then fold it over and seal it. From what I see, I think it's probably 100 gms flour, 20 gms veg shortening, salt and water. There are several brands, but the supermarket (Plaza's Supermarket) brand is the best I've tried.

I think I have the wee folding unit here.

Russ

I used some leftover steak from yesterday and made some steak quesadillas. No photo -- they look like any other quesadillas.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom