What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pic, but I shredded the chicken from last night’s meal, combined in a skillet with cherry tomatoes and more olives, and sautéed that.

I’d planned to use that as a topper for crostini, then I got lazy and cut the bread up into large croutons and tossed those in the skillet as well and fried them up crisp, sort of like a hot meat salad. :laugh:

Split pea and ham soup with garlic cheese bread. Not homemade, but definitely "Pugglized".
1000002305.jpg

I've been thinking about getting a Blackstone griddle for quite a while.

CD
It is fun, so far...we are looking forward to many more meals on it..It seems quite easy to maintain..quick to clean, all easily accessible. The heat level is great...two sections so you can have two heat levels..the burners mainly keep the centre hot so you can move stuff off the the side, etc....

Soup, soup and more soup. Re-heated chicken.

I've always been sceptical about freezing cooked potatoes. This soup was frozen last week and overall it didn't deteriorate significantly when defrosted, however, the potatoes were 'soft'. In future I may freeze the soup when the potatoes and carrots are 80% cooked and then add a further 10 minutes cooking time after defrosting. It should be no hardship.

I mentioned the kitchen sink isn’t draining properly, preventing the use of the dishwasher as well, so since yesterday, I’ve been washing the dishes the old-fashioned way, in a plastic tub with some soapy water, and rinsing outside.

I had enough of that, so I bought some disposable dinnerware today, and tonight, I made BLTs without dirtying a single dish.

Tomorrow, it’ll be something takeaway, and Thursday, the plumber comes to rescue from my misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom