What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What cut of steak did you use?

I'm a provolone on Philly guy. No Whiz on my Philly. :headshake:

CD
I used rib eye. I didn’t have Provolone. Our cheese order comes in Thursday. Lol

IMG_3974.jpeg

Yeah, it slows down every six months or so and I snake it and it opens it up enough to keep me going, but not this time. I snaked it twice and it didn’t do much good, so time for the professionals.
I used to have constant problems with my deli drains. I discovered where exactly it continued to get clogged. It was a 90 degree turn just under the floor. I ended up getting a thirty foot electric auger and it does the trick every time.

Ribeye is the way to go. I can actually get shaved ribeye from time to time, so I buy a bunch, vacuum seal it and freeze it.

Cheese steaks are one of the reason I want a Blackstone.

CD
I haven't had an authentic Philly, but after watching many videos over time, I think I can come up with a reasonable facsimile..I even wrapped it in thermo wrap to soften the bun and give the whole sandwich that "take-out" quality...It was the best one I've made yet, thanks to this new grill..I recommend them..

I haven't had an authentic Philly, but after watching many videos over time, I think I can come up with a reasonable facsimile..I even wrapped it in thermo wrap to soften the bun and give the whole sandwich that "take-out" quality...It was the best one I've made yet, thanks to this new grill..I recommend them..

The one thing that makes a Philly authentic, that you can't get anywhere outside of Philadelphia/South Jersey is the bread. Amaroso's rolls. Well, you can order them online, and pay a ridiculous price to have them shipped, but I don't want them that badly.

Amoroso's | Philadelphia Hearth-Baked Bread Rolls | Est. 1904

I just use the best sub roll I can find here.

You got the steak right, for sure. :okay:

CD

Chicken burrito from Chipotle tonight. Bland, bland, bland. This is maybe the third or fourth time I’ve ever eaten there, and it’s never been a place I’ve liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom