What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spaghetti ...

View attachment 53872

This with meatless sauce. I like whole fried Garlic Cloves in the Sauce.
I LOVE garlic. I wasn't sure if I had made that clear with my last 20 recipes or so, LOL. I once made a garlic sauce marinade that I put on ice cream (yes, I was a little tipsy). It was pretty good. I probably wouldn't ever do that again.

I will be starting on champagne within the next few hours, I hope I remember to take photos of our food before we eat. It might be a late dinner.

Fon-<bleeping>-due!

Is that your Velveeta queso sauce, or did you go more uppity? I'm actually making mine in my Cuisinart fondue pot. It keeps the queso warm.

BTW, you mentined shredding your cheese. Was that Velveeta? It seems too soft to shred, to me -- especially with a food processor.

CD
Oh no, that's real cheese. The Velveeta was used for chili dip.

This is Boar's Head gruyere and Jarlsberg, some good French wine, and some very good German kirsch.

I'm actually making mine in my Cuisinart fondue pot. It keeps the queso warm.
Is it their electric one or their cast iron one?

My first fondue pot was a cheapie Rival (same folks that make crockpots) electric one, and I had a hard time finding it, because fondue had all but disappeared. I used that thing like crazy; meat fondue in broth, cheese fondue, dessert fondue, we were hooked.

That's when we got the Swissmar enameled cast iron one...best $80 I ever spent:

We love it and during the winter months, we have fondue a couple of times a month.

That's when we got the Swissmar enameled cast iron one...best $80 I ever spent
I think a fondue pot needs to be cast iron otherwise the cheese burns on the bottom too much - whilst you want a certain amount of crozzly cheese on the bottom (its called la religieuse), you don't want too much and I've found the thin steel ones burn too easily.

Your fondue pot looks very similar to this one we had in a restaurant in Lautetbrunnen a couple of years ago:
8huEjkG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom