What did you cook or eat today (February 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made some more scrambled eggs, with diced ham and shredded cheddar. Being cold burns calories -- really, it does. I have been eating leftover ham and bean soup, but I have been craving eggs. I have eaten a dozen in the last few days, where a dozen eggs will usually last me a month. I can only think that it is the cold weather that has me craving eggs. My body needs the protein, or something in those eggs, and is shouting at me, "Give me eggs!"

Looking at the last few posts, I am starting to develop a bit of a desire for pasta. Maybe with eggs?

CD

There's always carbonara!

Peppermint and licorice tea.

I just made some more scrambled eggs, with diced ham and shredded cheddar. Being cold burns calories -- really, it does. I have been eating leftover ham and bean soup, but I have been craving eggs. I have eaten a dozen in the last few days, where a dozen eggs will usually last me a month. I can only think that it is the cold weather that has me craving eggs. My body needs the protein, or something in those eggs, and is shouting at me, "Give me eggs!"

Looking at the last few posts, I am starting to develop a bit of a desire for pasta. Maybe with eggs?

CD
My husband eats soft to medium boiled eggs every day. I usually make him 2-3 eggs for breakfast, usually over easy, and then he snacks on the boiled ones during the afternoon. It's the protein for sure. I am sure you know that you need protein to build lean muscle, and eggs are a highly digestible form of protein, so yeah, your body knows what it wants.

CD
Texas made the news three nights in a row here, unheard of here. The whole arctic storm is really bad, people living in cars because if the cold. Hope things improve real soon.

Russ

Scrambled eggs, everybody's talking about them, we went out to the country a week or so ago,and paid top dollar for two dozen. $7.50 doz, normally $5 doz or shop bought $3.50 doz. so I'm pretty disappointed the yolks are pretty pale yellow whereas I'm used to orange. I need another supplier.

Russ

Texas made the news three nights in a row here, unheard of here. The whole arctic storm is really bad, people living in cars because if the cold. Hope things improve real soon.

Russ
Yeah, two of my aunts, two cousins and their husbands/sons/grandkids, one of my nieces, one of my sisters, and one of my stepdaughters all live scattered around Texas. Texas is such a huge state that it takes about 12 hours just to drive across the state (from Port Arthur to El Paso). There are about 29 million people living in Texas. So imagine the magnitude of this catastrophe.

I just made some home made hoagie rolls and this is my first time use of them.

I had a bratwurst sandwich with horseradish, stone ground mustard and saurer kraut on a hoagie roll, with baby baked golden potatoes and an endive tomato salad covered in left-over creamy feta wine salad dressing that I had just used in a wine recipe challenge entry.

full.jpg

This is good eats that I didn't have to go to restaurant for.

And when I ate the first one, I made a second and ate that too.

(Almost) Veg Night:

Fried some bacon, set that aside, then fried a sliced onion in the rendered fat, added garlic and red pepper flakes, then some cannellini bean and some spinach. Squirt of lemon, drizzle of olive oil, and crumbled the bacon on top, and that was that. Crusty roll on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom