What did you cook or eat today (February 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An example of Orecchiette con le cime di rapa - Orecchiette with broccoli rabe, this is the classic Apulian way to serve them

Texas made the news three nights in a row here, unheard of here. The whole arctic storm is really bad, people living in cars because if the cold. Hope things improve real soon.

Russ

Thanks. Things have improved. I've had power for at least 24 hours. My parents and sister have power, and are pretty much back to normal. The grocery store near me is open, and I can get there, as long as I drive cautiously. But, there isn't really anything I need. My fridge and pantry are well stocked.

My next door neighbor's daughter is staying with them, because her apartment was flooded by a burst pipe. She drives a Mercedes S-Class, so I think she will be okay.

Back on topic, I am eating well. For a while, I didn't cook anything that took more than about ten minutes to cook, but I am more confident about my electricity now.

CD

Nasty weather like what the US is seeing has occurred before. I got caught one year, back in 1976 or 77 February, going through Wyoming and on my way down to Florida, going down through the Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, Arkansas and into the southern states to get there. Big wind blown snow dunes locked up traffic on the I-80, the major interstate highway and it took a while for it to clear. When it finally did, people's vehicles left big snow dunes on the south side of where their cars were stuck. The roads were iced over everywhere. And worse, I got a flat tire at one point and had to change it myself, in the middle of the highway. That was a bad winter to be travelling across country.

You are allowed to sit outside and eat ice-cream? In our lockdown the only place you would be allowed to do that is in your garden.
You're allowed to sit on a public bench yes. But not on a terrace or in or near the store because stores are closed except food stores or take out restaurants.
Everything is closed except essentials.

Considering this has been since before Christmas and will not be eased before May, and I have a considerable depression it indeed lightened up my day that at least this was possible now. The ice cream shop has just opened two days ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom