What did you cook or eat today (February 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK what is wrong. I am not able to upload photos from my phone. I have never had a problem.
Tonight I made a leftover stew. Left over Braised Venison in Red Wine and Ginger and left over Dove Braised in Red Wine with Cumin. Very different flavor profiles. Slow cooked some bacon, sautéed onions, celery carrots, potatoes and sweet peppers. Added chicken stock when needed. Added the left over Venison and Dove Breast - with gravy. Oh My. Delish.

Last nights dinner. Swiss cheese and turkey toasty wrapped in pancetta. I used the last of the corn bread so I got up early to make my fav rye bread.
1614320783094.png
1614320814423.png
1614320858545.png

Today, I took it easy and made an Italian sausage hoagie sandwich.

full.jpg

I used habanero salsa as a condiment and served it up with an endive tomato salad which I used Spice Island coulis as a salad dressing. I wanted to use it up and decided it might make a good salad dressing. It did. The warm spicy flavor of the coulis went well as a salad dressing, being slightly muted by tomato, but full flavor on the endive pieces. I'll make more mash and coulis at some future date, I think.

No cooking for me tonight; chicken strip basket from DQ:
View attachment 58108

The closest fast food place to my house is a Dairy Queen (DQ). It's been there around five or so years, and seems to be busy whenever I pass it, which is a few times a week. But, I've never gone to it, myself. I always loved the strawberry shakes they make to order, with real ice cream and real strawberries -- well, I guess they still do.

We also have Braum's down here. They compete with DQ, but are a bit different. One side is a restaurant, and the other is a market with Dairy products, baked goods, and other stuff. They have their own dairy farms, and make their own dairy products.

Braum’s Ice Cream & Dairy Store | Braum's

CD

Mom's sandwiches, a sandwich I came up with when DD was a tween. She'll be 43 in about 14 hours from now. This version was pastrami, corned beef, munster cheese, tomatoes, sour pickles, 1000 island dressing. They were good, but something was missing and craig and i can't figure out what it is. I thought it had 3 meats, he thought just 2, but we do agree something was missing. I'm thinking ham. Oh, it's on homemade rustic bread and dipped in egg wash, then fried in an oil/butter mix.

Mom's sandwiches, a sandwich I came up with when DD was a tween. She'll be 43 in about 14 hours from now. This version was pastrami, corned beef, munster cheese, tomatoes, sour pickles, 1000 island dressing. They were good, but something was missing and craig and i can't figure out what it is. I thought it had 3 meats, he thought just 2, but we do agree something was missing. I'm thinking ham. Oh, it's on homemade rustic bread and dipped in egg wash, then fried in an oil/butter mix.
View attachment 58109

A light, healthy sandwich, eh? :eek: :D

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom