What did you cook or eat today (February 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late dinner here. I have a boneless pork loin chop in the sous vide water bath. When it is done, I have a maple-syrup and Louisiana Hot Sauce glaze to brush on it, and then give it a quick sear. Leftover marinaded roasted onions on the side. Actually, the best is to get some pork and onion on the fork together for one bite.

Picture? Um, we'll see what I feel like at the moment. It's almost 10PM here.

CD

Update: I took a picture. Pork chop with sweet/hot glaze (maple syrup and Louisiana Hot Sauce). Leftover roasted onion on the side -- not in the photo because I made it 3 days ago. The chop was seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic before vacuum seal and into the sous vide bath for 1 hour at 144F (62C). Then, glazed and flame seared.

P-Chop001.jpg

We made these amazing Mac 'n' cheese bites, which were a winner with kids and adults alike. I always make an extra big batch as they freeze very well once crumbed - so ready for last-minute guests (or an impromptu craving!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last nights dinner was a reminder of my Mums comfort food. The egg man arrived with some very fresh free range eggs, Buttery mash, fried eggs and good bread. Food of the gods. Pud was Blood oranges. We just received a call that there was a big catch of Scorfano (mrs B's fav fish) and Mantis shrimps last night so we are off to the fish market hopefully to get some for tonight. I will post the real pics if we get some
1612419293305.png
1612419352188.png
1612419428356.png
1612419501883.png

murphyscreek I watched the watalappan video. It looks absolutely delicious. You have followed the simple and the authentic recipe without adding all artificial flavours which is the best recipe for watalappan.
I also loved your Burmese sticky rice and chicken video and that meal is really authentic.

In making watalappan here we let the jaggery colour a little bit more to give the dessert a brown shade but that's optional. I am happy that you've heard of Kitul jaggery which is the best you can get but it's very rare. Many people sell them but that's not kitul at all. Even well known supermarkets and well known brands sell other kinds of treacle with Kitul label.

still a lot to watch on your channel. Thanks for creating those videos. Liked and subscribed.
Thanks so much... I was particularly pleased with the watalappam, so means a lot coming from someone like yourself familiar with the dish.

Thanks so much... I was particularly pleased with the watalappam, so means a lot coming from someone like yourself familiar with the dish.
there will be kithul treacle from May. I'll see if I can send you some pure Kithul jaggery. If I can find it and if shipping is available. 5 months ago we had 11 bottles of kithul treacle. Made jaggery with 5 of them and ate the rest with bread, rice, scraped coconut etc. lol.

It was meant to be Puy lentil salad with wild garlic sauce, carrots, radish, pomegranate and spring onions... It failed on the Puy lentils, the wild garlic leaves and...

I had to make some fairly fundamental substitutions... I'll write it up tomorrow hopefully because it was actually very nice.

I had another Pepperoni Calzone in the fridge and that suffices for today's meal ...

View attachment 56626

I did it without the Tomato today.

I always have to remember that pepperoni is salame with black pepper, right?
Sorry, but I often confuse it because in Italian 'pepperoni' means bell peppers

I always have to remember that pepperoni is salame with black pepper, right?
Sorry, but I often confuse it because in Italian 'pepperoni' means bell peppers

Pepperoni is America's own version of a Salami, but seasoned with Chilli Pepper and/or Paprika, possibly in some forms, Cayenne Pepper. It does not use Black Pepper, albeit, there are Salamis that do use Black Pepper or Pepper Corns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom