What did you cook or eat today (February 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here:

Jungle Jim's International Market – Discover a World of Food and More!

It's massive, and it's less than an hour from my house. It's also where I get nearly all my international stuff.
That place looks amazing! Wish we had one here. Well, we probably do in London and the bigger cities but we live out in the boondocks so it's a 180 mile round trip to get the good stuff. I get most of my stuff online but I much prefer to walk around a store and choose myself.

Dinner this evening:
Whole grain rice vermacceli, with the fixings for larb. Absolutely delicious.

Beef tataki, which is seared tenderloin, rubbed with a sweet soy sauce, then marinated in tamari and other things. Asian lobster salad, which is grated cucumber and carrot, with a dressing of kimchi base and honey, with chunks of a small Maine lobster on top. Sweet potato and zucchini tempura. Homemade ponzu sauce for dipping the tataki and veges.

Last nights dinner. We went to the fish market in Split yesterday. I noticed some beautiful big 1 to 2 kg sea trout. My wife spoke to the stall holder who confirmed they were farmed in the same area of sea that the Japanese have a high security Tuna Farm. I paid about £4 for this fish that weighed just over I kg when my wife had emptied it.I cooked it in a bag then left it in the bag to go cold.I served it with salad, corn bread, slaw and a sploge of honey mustard dill sauce from Lidl.
1614232776459.png
1614232792606.png
1614232811813.png
1614232831892.png
1614232851690.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom