What did you cook or eat today (February 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve bought phyllo pastry today and I gave it a go by making a sweet tart with red wine pear and then mixed the wine in the ricotta.

View attachment 58065

View attachment 58066

View attachment 58067
Stunning
I hope you entered the recipe in the wine challenge.

No cooking for me tonight; chicken strip basket from DQ:
View attachment 58108
My parents owned 3 Dairy Queen stores. For 5 years I was general manager for the three and in store manager for the flagship store. I had a falling out with Dad and quit. They closed the stores 7 years later. Their employees were robbing them blind. After they closed their stores there was not a Dairy Queen in town for close to 20 years. Now there are two. I occasionally stop in for an ice cream treat. I love the shakes, peanut parfait and blizzards. I like the soft serve just about any way.

Thursday I bought a rotisserie chicken. That was dinner. Friday I had lunch with Mom, baby Sis and Baby Brother. Liver and onions with corn bread and salad for dinner. Saturday rotisserie chicken sandwiches for lunch and gumbo from the freezer for dinner. Today I made chicken salad with celery from left over chicken for lunch and chicken celery soup with salad and biscuits for dinner. There is left over chicken salad and chicken and celery soup for later in the week. Amazing how many meals can be prepared from a $5 rotisserie chicken.

I made another wine challenge entry. It is a beef and veggie soup I made up many years ago, and used to make a few times every winter. I haven't made it in a good five years, maybe more.

I'm stuffed right now, but will try to get a recipe thread up tonight -- tomorrow at worst (if I fall asleep).

BeefVegWine001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom