What did you cook or eat today (February 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the raw with dips etc, but not with main meal.

Russ
No, she wouldn’t normally eat it with a main meal, but as a snack, same way she eats raw turnips or raw kohlrabi.

Just to be clear, in those pics I posted earlier, the top one is raw cabbage in the pot, waiting to be cooked, but when you see it plated, it’s cooked (with apples, a little sugar, vinegar, and celery seed).

No, she wouldn’t normally eat it with a main meal, but as a snack, same way she eats raw turnips or raw kohlrabi.

Just to be clear, in those pics I posted earlier, the top one is raw cabbage in the pot, waiting to be cooked, but when you see it plated, it’s cooked (with apples, a little sugar, vinegar, and celery seed).
I'd eat that lol

Russ

I'd eat that lol

Russ
That pork chop was really good. I know you always say you don’t make a lot of pork chops, but you might like these - sauce was mustard, honey, vinegar, and a little water to loosen it a bit.

And…both the pork chop recipe and the cabbage recipe came from Weight Watchers, so low points for MrsT.

Raw is probably how most of the cabbage at our house gets eaten - cut it into wedges, a couple of big pinches of salt, and munch, munch, munch!
Yeah. Makes for a bit of methane maybe but toitaly tasty! I love raw cabbage or if barely cooked, but not a fan of the limp cooked stuff.

I'll take your word for it. I run it by daughter, she spent time there.

Russ

it's pretty much a default side with Tonkatsu (fried pork cutlet) and in many places they give you free-flow of the cabbage.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 2.28.17 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom