What did you cook or eat today, (January 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20190124_150359.jpg its freezin' cold here in MN. Its not snowing but the wind is blowing so hard that its like a blizzard. Since the weather is as such we decided to do some canning to heat up the house and add some humidity to the air. we made turkey wild rice soup and pressure canned it.... plus ate a few bowls along the way.

IMG_20190124_150359.jpg

Last edited:
Another salad.
This was hubby's. Mine was smaller without a few ingredients as well .
That's the last of the rice salad so I'm onto an Indian dish now which despite being quite spicy (as in spices not heat) and being served not ,is actually not too bad given yesterday's temperature but with what is forecast for today (42C) might not be as good.

DSC_0421.JPG

This is different from the previous night (unless I've mucked up the pictures again).
I'll try to get a picture of tonight's evening meal ,later on once we serve it.

Twice baked stuffed potatoes with steamed broccoli. Neither one of us felt much like cooking.

Oh - you mean the bread is buttered on the smaller side? Probably an unthinking mistake on my part. I usually would butter the larger side.

Just for information:

Murphy drops some buttered toast on the kitchen floor and it lands butter-side-up.

He looks down in astonishment, for he knows that it's a law of nature of the universe that buttered toast always falls butter-down.

So he rushes round to the presbytery to fetch Father Flanagan.

He tells the priest that a miracle has occurred in his kitchen.

But he won't say what it is, so he asks Father Flanagan to come and see it with his own eyes.

He leads Father Flanagan into the kitchen and asks him what he sees on the floor.

"Well," says the priest, "it's pretty obvious. Someone has dropped some buttered toast on the floor and then, for some reason, they flipped it over so that the butter was on top."

"No, Father, I dropped it and it landed like that!" exclaimed Murphy

"Oh my Lord," says Fr. Flanagan, "dropped toast never falls with the butter side up. It's a miracle..

Wait... it's not for me to say it's a miracle. I'll have to report this matter to the Bishop and he'll have to deal with it. He'll send some people round; to interview you, take photos, etc."

A thorough investigation is conducted, not only by the archdiocese but by scientists sent over from the Curia in Rome. No expense is spared.

There is great excitement in the town as everyone knows that a miracle will bring in much need tourism revenue.

Then, after eight long weeks and with great fanfare, the Bishop announces the final ruling.

"It is certain that some kind of an extraordinary event took place in Murphy's kitchen, quite outside the natural laws of the universe. Yet the Holy See must be very cautious before ruling a miracle. All other explanations must be ruled out.

Unfortunately, in this case, it has been declared 'No Miracle' because they think that Murphy may have buttered the toast on the wrong side!"

its freezin cold here in MN. Its not snowing but the wind is blowing so hard that its like a blizzard. Since the weather is as such we decided to do some canning to heat up the house and add some humidity to the air. we made turkey wild rice soup and pressure canned it.... plus ate a few bowls along the way.

View attachment 22032

One of our favorite soups is smoked turkey (a T-Day leftover) and wild rice.

morning glory! Soup it is.

for silliness. its minus 25 F at that point who really cares if its C or F. Its just to darn cold no matter.

I'm a complete wimp! Ir was only around 4C yesterday - not even freezing point. Today is warmer 9C (48F) - still want soup though.

No pics tonight, Craig attacked dinner and I was talking to DD when he brought me a bowl. Asian chicken noodle vege soup. Craig went back for thirds, e-nuff said. I have to write this down so we can make again. There's only half a bowl left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom