What did you cook or eat today, (January 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The remaining Chicken Kiev (which I had previously frozen)..........

9 s.jpg

10 s.jpg

......with potato wedges and grass.

11 s.jpg

13 s.jpg

How long did you cook it from frozen?

Contrary to advice from the net, I allowed it to defrost first. It was part cooked before freezing (i.e. coated in breadcrumbs and shallow fried). After defrosting, I placed it in an aluminium foil "cup" and cooked it (in the halogen oven) for 20 minutes at 160 degC (the potatoes had already been in for 90% of their cooking time).

I am not happy with cooking food from frozen, particularly a "joint" which is that thick.

Last edited:
The reason that I put it in the foil "cup" was so as not to lose any butter which leaked out (and there was some).

I cannot imagine the feast we'd all have if we (ALL) ever gathered in the same place and cooked. It would have to be a worthy kitchen and worthy appliances and tools too.

Work is happening in our kitchen so cooking has not been an option so I nipped into our local chippie, a huge piece of haddock and generous portion of chips £7.50, 1 portion fed us both with chips left because we could not eat it all. They have either changed hands or got themselves sorted because previously their food has been inedible, pale limp chips with oil oozing out of the 'batter' coating the 'fish' :sick:

The food this evening was really good.

Work is happening in our kitchen so cooking has not been an option so I nipped into our local chippie, a huge piece of haddock and generous portion of chips £7.50, 1 portion fed us both with chips left because we could not eat it all. They have either changed hands or got themselves sorted because previously their food has been inedible, pale limp chips with oil oozing out of the 'batter' coating the 'fish' :sick:

The food this evening was really good.

If I lived near a decent chippie I don't think I'd even consider cooking my own fish and chips (I never did in UK). However, when I was there last decent chippies were few and far between.

The remaining Chicken Kiev (which I had previously frozen)..........

I enjoyed the second piece more than the first, to the extent that I'll be attempting to cook others soon. I need to look for smaller breasts and I may buy some commercially prepared breadcrumbs to give a more consistent and evenly coloured crispy outer layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom