What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipes need to be posted as new threads (with the Recipe prefix). There is good reason for this - unless they have a thread of their own they won't show up on our search facility and simply become 'lost' and buried in another thread. I will move the recipe to a new thread with a link back here.
Did you pickup my Scottish accent? Again it.

We just picked a red cabbage from our garden, what would you suggest with it??

Russ
Let's see...from memory:

Heated a couple tablespoons of oil in a skillet, added a small sliced onion, cooked that for a couple of minutes while I quartered and sliced a half-head of cabbage.

In with the cabbage for a few minutes, then maybe five or six tablespoons of cider vinegar (maybe 1/3rd cup), stirred that a bit, the two tablespoons of sugar and stirred again. Seasoned with salt, pepper, and dried mustard.

Let's see...from memory:

Heated a couple tablespoons of oil in a skillet, added a small sliced onion, cooked that for a couple of minutes while I quartered and sliced a half-head of cabbage.

In with the cabbage for a few minutes, then maybe five or six tablespoons of cider vinegar (maybe 1/3rd cup), stirred that a bit, the two tablespoons of sugar and stirred again. Seasoned with salt, pepper, and dried mustard.

I will try this in next few days. I love cabbage a lot, first time wife growing so I'm looking forward to it. Pics will follow. Cheers bra. ( youngest grandson calls everyone bra.)

Russ

Last nights dinner. Chicken wings and thighs with spicy BBq sauce, shredded cabbage an avocado salad and horseradish mash. Pud fruit. The sauce was very fiery. Perfect precursor to the new American celebration of Guy Trump night.
1609999582886.png
1609999603236.png
1609999621882.png

We've been clearing the house of the Christmas tree and all Christmas ornaments/withered flowers so we had just (terrible) ready-made lasagne and the rest of the cherry cake yesterday. The lasagne was too moist and bland and contained pork which - in my opinion - doesn't taste good in a ragu/Bolognese sauce. Today I'm making up another pistachio recipe; this time with beef tenderloin.

Yesterday I started a slow prove Poolish. The first two picks are what it looked like, double its size after 24 hrs. I have just added it to the flour with the balance of water and some olive oil. Then the first mix and knead, it will prove in the fridge for 8 hours before knocking back.
1610020447070.png
1610020517266.png
1610020541330.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom