What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tagliatelle with tomato sauce, buffalo mozzarella and basil.

Nope, probably not.
I asked because my mother put bread crumbs on the top of her baked mac and cheese. She refuses to share recipes with me so I have no idea why. I make a version that is more creamy and "loose" than hers but I've tried making her version, without success.

Your chili dish looks yummy. We're skirting single digit temperatures here so I see chili in my future soon. ;-)

I asked because my mother put bread crumbs on the top of her baked mac and cheese. She refuses to share recipes with me so I have no idea why. I make a version that is more creamy and "loose" than hers but I've tried making her version, without success.

Your chili dish looks yummy. We're skirting single digit temperatures here so I see chili in my future soon. ;-)
I usually put panko and parmesan on my baked mac and cheese, along with crumbled bacon. Panko for crunch and parm and bacon for salty, smoky flavor.

I used cornbread and cheddar for last night since it was pairing with the chili. I waited until the last few minutes to top the baked mac with the cheddar, bacon and cornbread, and gave it a low broil to crunch it up, then put it atop the chili in my bowl.

I'm sorry your mother wouldn't share her recipes. My mom would have if she knew how to cook. She was a great baker (I didn't get that gene) but not so much of a cook.

I usually put panko and parmesan on my baked mac and cheese, along with crumbled bacon. Panko for crunch and parm and bacon for salty, smoky flavor.

I used cornbread and cheddar for last night since it was pairing with the chili. I waited until the last few minutes to top the baked mac with the cheddar, bacon and cornbread, and gave it a low broil to crunch it up, then put it atop the chili in my bowl.

I'm sorry your mother wouldn't share her recipes. My mom would have if she knew how to cook. She was a great baker (I didn't get that gene) but not so much of a cook.
Ah, that makes sense! I've always wondered about it. Thanks for sharing that with me. I don't care for bacon (I know that sacrilegious) and have never tried Parm on it, but will give that a whirl next time I make it.

My paternal grandmother and father were/are (respectively) amazing gardeners. My daughter has always been interested in it so I tried to help her with no luck. I totally missed that family gene. LOL

I've written about my family in previous posts. Let's just say my lying, cheating, back-stabbing, kid kidnapping ex-h is a nicer person than they are. ;-(

Ah, that makes sense! I've always wondered about it. Thanks for sharing that with me. I don't care for bacon (I know that sacrilegious) and have never tried Parm on it, but will give that a whirl next time I make it.

My paternal grandmother and father were/are (respectively) amazing gardeners. My daughter has always been interested in it so I tried to help her with no luck. I totally missed that family gene. LOL

I've written about my family in previous posts. Let's just say my lying, cheating, back-stabbing, kid kidnapping ex-h is a nicer person than they are. ;-(
You're lucky that you don't like bacon. Its terrible for your health. I love it and I have to be careful not to overindulge.

Edited to add I'm sad to hear some of your family and ex are such arsieholes. I have 1 sister who is a narcissistic megalomaniac. The rest of us don't get how she is related to us.

Reactions: mjd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom