What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were supposed to go out in the country yesterday, change of plan, (mr8) so we went today. Went to the cust pub (45 mins away) public holiday so no kitchen. Bummer, finished drinks while wife rang another pub we passed earlier, meal are on, but 30 min wait. So we cruise on in. Place was packed and now 1 hr and 1/2 wait. We flagged it, wife went to a few shops in rangiora then we went to the papanui working mans club. Wife had a nice lamb salad and I had a burger and fries. The burger was the best I've had in many years.

Russ

Leftovers need to be eaten. Tonight, I took some leftover braised pork shoulder, leftover queso dip, and a couple flour tortillas, and made some tacos. I had a feeling it would be good, and it was very good. Tacos are my answer to just about any leftover meats.

CD

Pizza margharita 🙏

Goan chicken vindaloo with raita, Basmati and naan with nigella seeds. It was very good, definitely a make again even though it was a bit time consuming.
View attachment 54093

It looks lovely. Why was it so time consuming? I've made vindaloo many a time and haven't found it takes any longer than any other curry.

It looks lovely. Why was it so time consuming? I've made vindaloo many a time and haven't found it takes any longer than any other curry.

Making a dry rub/marinade for the chicken, letting it sit for a couple of hours, then making the wet curry base and cooking it, then adding the chicken and cooking it. Making the ghee, naan and raita. Everything was made from scratch..

Wife just got home from an hour walk, walked in the door and said I feel like an omelette russ. We bought 2 dozen eggs free range when out in the country yesterday, so 4 eggs,cheese, bacon,tomatoes and spring onions. Lots of cracked pepper.
Two omelettes later, I'm full and it was pretty dam good. Shrooms I thought were still good but I threw out.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom