What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had something of a sprout overload, so it seemed wise to use them up. And voila, a sprout curry. There were a few other vegetables knocking about, so there's a bit of cauliflower, parsnip and carrot in there, plus some mushrooms, onion, garlic and ginger as well, but I think one would have to describe it as a sprout curry.

Fish with <surprise, surprise> pistachios.
sii_15.jpg

Is it the red colouring they add which makes the difference?

I can't imagine that it is. The colouring is not suppose to impart any taste. I do usually add my own honey during the roasting.

The recipe I used said the red food coloring didn't add any flavor, but red velvet cake doesn't taste the same if you don't add the red food coloring (I know because I didn't realize I was out when I made the cake once, but went ahead and made it anyway.), so I'd have to say the red food coloring does add something.

I used honey and brown sugar.

We had something of a sprout overload, so it seemed wise to use them up. And voila, a sprout curry. There were a few other vegetables knocking about, so there's a bit of cauliflower, parsnip and carrot in there, plus some mushrooms, onion, garlic and ginger as well, but I think one would have to describe it as a sprout curry.

I get the impression that cooks in the UK can make a curry with anything edible. :wink:

CD

Evening meal was courgette soup with some added protein. It was made with an accidental purchase hubby made not paying attention to life (yet again). I'd requested the 'blue vegan cream cheese. I received the green one. Strangely the green one wasn't the same flavour as the blue one! The colour being the colour of the packaging. 24yrs of marriage still haven't resolved this issue. The blue was flavour 'plain' destined for a mango and passionfruit cheesecake. The green was garlic and chives. Enough said.

Edit: this was sitting in my browser without the post reply button having been clicked, sorry if it is a repeat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom