What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First photo of the year... using up the egg whites left over from the eggnog I made last night.

It's now cooling in the oven whilst the fruit defrosts. Cherries, raspberries and pomegranate to go with a coconut and cashew nut whipped cream. The (calorie reduction) diet starts on Monday! In the meantime it is a eat what's left over diet...

Oops, I put it in December. Earl grey tea.

Russ
Easily sorted, just find it, use the report button and ask for it be moved to the January thread... report is for anything, not just 'bad' things (and this is so that others know what to do as well, not just aimed at yourself).

Today we have close friends coming for lunch. They had to cancel for Christmas because they were quarantined when returning from Holland. We then cancelled the Christmas lunch. So the two things that are definitely on the menu at their request are the pud and cake. Hermien has only recently started to eat meat. So for the main course I am thinking of meatloaf with all the trimmings.
1609484897113.png
1609484943055.png

Presenting to you the one and only Oliebol , the Dutch typical new years snack often eaten at midnight/or in the first morning of the new year. It's a doughnut with raisins and sprinkled with icing sugar. The tradition of eating them goes back to the viking age.

And yes, when I have a fever but am not suffering badly I always eat like normal. I have to be very ill to not eat.

A shared bowl and the last of the eggnog

Frozen raspberries and cherries with fresh pomegranate. I'm now out of fruit I can eat except for that on the pavlova.

Guess we'll be going shopping if we're allowed over the border tomorrow! (NSW is being shut in by the other states now that it is our turn for the virus outbreaks). We, like many others, have our lives across the border. somethings one side and some things the other and some can't move.

The food bank will also get 8 dozen fresh eggs tomorrow! Our girls have been busy whilst we have been gardening. One girl in particular just adores tree frogs...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom