What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Great lunch with our friends yesterday. Unfortunately they know my old penchant for the aperitif Kir Royal. I have not touched it for years,I got very very drunk and forgot to take pics. I did take pics before they arrived of the rolls we made to go with the chicken liver pate starter, for mains we had braised monsta turkey thigh with roast pots, sprouts and lashing of gravy. Pud was Christmas pud with plum brandy sauce. The sauce tasted good but due to my condition was as lumpy as a barrack room mattress. I sobered up enough to take pics of cutting the cake in the evening.
1609574169448.png
1609574212941.png

I'd gladly eat that and spill some of it on my top. 10/10

Russ
Russers mate I volunteer to lick it off. We were telling our Kiwi expat mates about your generosity yesterday. The instantly recognized the spice bags. Unfortunately they are empty but ex cop Hermien gave them a good sniff.To your family, we hope you prosper in 2021.

Porkie pie.

Porkie pie with chips and piccalilli.

Yorkers mate, yesterday was the first's time in many many years I got very very drunk. I am very very hung over. I nearly threw my breakfast coffee up. I was sitting here going through the motion feeling rather sorry for myself, when your porkie pie appeared. I swear I heard angels singing, at one point I saw a spring water gushing out of the hole in the top. A deep voice said "behold your redemption sinner, and bathe in the golden glow of pielicousness" I called Mrs B in to witness the miracle of the pie. She too experience it's majesty and immediately started singing
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5uKdsI0FBM&ab_channel=UltraKidsZone

That pie looks amazing! I had one at The Hairy Fig in York that was so good I immediately asked for another to eat on the train.

I’ve just eaten my first proper meal of the year & my kidneys have stopped aching at last. Small, rather intense, NYE party here in The House of Loud.

Today I was up early to hit the supermarkets, teen came with me and when asked what he’d like for dinner he said Penang style pork curry. I also found some reduced chicken so I made a green curry as well.

There’s heaps of curry to fill the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom