What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pie looks amazing! I had one at The Hairy Fig in York that was so good I immediately asked for another to eat on the train.

I’ve just eaten my first proper meal of the year & my kidneys have stopped aching at last. Small, rather intense, NYE party here in The House of Loud.

Today I was up early to hit the supermarkets, teen came with me and when asked what he’d like for dinner he said Penang style pork curry. I also found some reduced chicken so I made a green curry as well.

There’s heaps of curry to fill the freezer.

Good to see you back. I thought we had lost you!

Last edited:
I made some oliebollen bread pudding as well.

The pork pie was the same in all images. Why it looks "blueish" in the last image I don't know. I'll try post processing tomorrow.
Tried adjusting the blue but then the plate border turns grey so there isn't much to be done. What colour is that mat?

Surf and turf for lunch today. Filet mignon, tiger prawns in a light tempura batter, Winter berry sauce and Jerusalem jackets (artichokes baked, flesh removed and blended with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese, skins deep fried then re-filled)

The steak was a bit overcooked.

Tried adjusting the blue but then the plate border turns grey so there isn't much to be done. What colour is that mat?

The place mat is blue/gray. The initial images had the pie on the kitchen table (on a white chopping board), borrowed daylight from 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock with a white cardboard reflector underneath the camera. The second image was on the work surface (a little later in the afternoon) with virtually direct daylight at 9 o'clock, white cardboard deflector directly opposite.

Surf and turf for lunch today. Filet mignon, tiger prawns in a light tempura batter, Winter berry sauce and Jerusalem jackets (artichokes baked, flesh removed and blended with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese, skins deep fried then re-filled)
View attachment 53998
The steak was a bit overcooked.

The steak looks perfect to me. As does the whole plate.

[I would perhaps prefer a larger portion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom