What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surf and turf for lunch today. Filet mignon, tiger prawns in a light tempura batter, Winter berry sauce and Jerusalem jackets (artichokes baked, flesh removed and blended with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese, skins deep fried then re-filled)
View attachment 53998
The steak was a bit overcooked.

Ashtoning indeed, the dish is just perfect but you get my 100% for artichokes, what a fancy brilliant idea.

Been meaning to make Scotch eggs for a while now so decided to do it today. I wanted the egg to be soft yolk so did a bit of research on timings. The meat casing was a mix of equal parts black pudding and Lincolnshire pork sausage, a diced chilli, fresh thyme and parsley. After rolling in egg and breadcrumb I put them in the fridge to firm up. The eggs I put into cold water then as soon as they came to a simmer I cooked for three and a half minutes and then straight into an ice bath to stop any further cooking. I deep fried them for eight minutes 30 secs and let them rest for 5 minutes. It was a bit of a faff but well worth it, I will never buy those plastic wrapped supermarket ones again!
E30E9C61-1586-4DFE-88C9-3F2DC6418AB1.jpeg

Been meaning to make Scotch eggs for a while now so decided to do it today. I wanted the egg to be soft yolk so did a bit of research on timings. The meat casing was a mix of equal parts black pudding and Lincolnshire pork sausage, a diced chilli, fresh thyme and parsley. After rolling in egg and breadcrumb I put them in the fridge to firm up. The eggs I put into cold water then as soon as they came to a simmer I cooked for three and a half minutes and then straight into an ice bath to stop any further cooking. I deep fried them for eight minutes 30 secs and let them rest for 5 minutes. It was a bit of a faff but well worth it, I will never buy those plastic wrapped supermarket ones again!View attachment 54004
Oh my!!!!!

Been meaning to make Scotch eggs for a while now so decided to do it today. I wanted the egg to be soft yolk so did a bit of research on timings. The meat casing was a mix of equal parts black pudding and Lincolnshire pork sausage, a diced chilli, fresh thyme and parsley. After rolling in egg and breadcrumb I put them in the fridge to firm up. The eggs I put into cold water then as soon as they came to a simmer I cooked for three and a half minutes and then straight into an ice bath to stop any further cooking. I deep fried them for eight minutes 30 secs and let them rest for 5 minutes. It was a bit of a faff but well worth it, I will never buy those plastic wrapped supermarket ones again!View attachment 54004
Wow!

Surf and turf for lunch today. Filet mignon, tiger prawns in a light tempura batter, Winter berry sauce and Jerusalem jackets (artichokes baked, flesh removed and blended with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese, skins deep fried then re-filled)
View attachment 53998
The steak was a bit overcooked.

That is a stunning combination of ingredients. I love the artichokes.

I was going to do Anduille with Horseradish and Kraut sandwiches, but decided that I need to clear my fridge of some things to make preparations for going to the grocer in the next few days. So it was Garden Rotini with part of that remaining Ragu Cheese Sauce instead. And I still have some left.

I was going to do Anduille with Horseradish and Kraut sandwiches, but decided that I need to clear my fridge of some things to make preparations for going to the grocer in the next few days. So it was Garden Rotini with part of that remaining Ragu Cheese Sauce instead. And I still have some left.

Yep, I won't be cooking anything new until I deal with the leftovers I have in the fridge.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom