What did you cook or eat today (January 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frisch’s signature dessert, hot fudge cake:

10841043-389E-431E-AB86-44D244D54A2D.jpeg

My spicy Big Boy and fries:

View attachment 95577

MrsT had a regular non-spicy Big Boy, no fries (she ate some of mine :mad: ), and you’d have thought she was having the finest steak, she was so happy.
I was going to say, surely you could do better? Then I saw you did. Well done, nothing better than wife loving your food.

Russ

I tried it. Air fried a steak. We have a customer that raves about is so I took an older rib eye, destined for the grinder, and put it in the air fryer for about 16 minutes at 400. Just steak spice. I would have likes a bit more char and I over cooked it a bit. But, overall it was good. No messy cast iron pans or range top….nice and easy. Will try again at a higher temp.
1213CCE3-F604-4EDE-9A95-ACAE1A17F286.jpeg

I was going to say, surely you could do better? Then I saw you did. Well done, nothing better than wife loving your food.

Russ
That’s where she wanted to go. She wanted that specific burger. 🤷🏻

…and that cake! :wink:

How many WW points is that, about 265? :ohmy:

CD
No way to know, really, as Big Boy is one of the few restaurants not pre-loaded at WW, so she had to find a similar item and hope for the best.

I think she worked it out to be about 50 points (her point allowance for the entire day is 23), but I ate half, so that helped.

Back to the salad tomorrow - one meal eaten with wild abandon every so often will do her a little good, mentally. This is the first burger she’s had since October, to the best of my knowledge.

Way too hot for a hot meal. At 6pm it was still 31°C out (about 85F). So cold soup and warm tofu again.

20230128_175940.jpg
20230128_175917.jpg

Half of the tofu is for tomorrow. There's 4 servings there. This one was more a burnt orange & miso glazed tofu which still worked really well. I might have overdone it in the spring onions!

The cold soup is a borscht variation served with soy yoghurt.

I tried it. Air fried a steak. We have a customer that raves about is so I took an older rib eye, destined for the grinder, and put it in the air fryer for about 16 minutes at 400. Just steak spice. I would have likes a bit more char and I over cooked it a bit. But, overall it was good. No messy cast iron pans or range top….nice and easy. Will try again at a higher temp.
View attachment 95584

Yeah - it's not gonna be as good as a cast iron pan sear, but it's good enough and quick and easy without smoke filling the house. I do it quite regularly and get the best results with onglet/hangar then ribeye.

Yours looks good and tender.

Made this air-fried chicken thigh which had been rubbed in McCormick 'Geflügel Volaille' seasoning (paprika, garlic powder, onion etc.) which I bought in Switzerland about 3 years ago and it's been sitting around in my cupboard. Served up with some potato salad and (as Yorky puts it: 'grass'. :D ).

View attachment 95598

View attachment 95599
Your food always looks so nice to me, you really have a knack for presentation. I, (a caterer for years for things like homeless shelters ) do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom