What did you cook or eat today (January 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20230106_224414.jpg

Twice fried with a homemade dipping sauce.

We didn't get home until 6pm, so whilst I dealt with a lot of frustrated and bored chickens who suddenly realised we had come home 2½hrs before it goes dark and wanted out, Hubby made tea. It's Saturday night and hubby cooked so no prizes for guessing!

20230107_182436.jpg

Apologies for the weird colour, my manual white balance was still set for 33°C, not 15°C and indoors. I've only basic editing on my new phone.

Thanks for the head´s up!
Now enlighten me - what is Texas Toast?

Thick cut, hearty style bread cut at least, if not more, twice as thick as commercial sandwich bread.

Also makes fantastic French toast.

Texas Toast is also another name for a steakhouse bread that is garlic toast.

A recipe direct from the source has already been posted on CB. We use whatever leftover turkey we have, white or dark meat, roasted or smoked. This batch used all of the above. A fantastic recipe for leftover turkey.

Recipe - Louisville's Culinary Icon, The Hot Brown

Last edited:
This needs some background. The Hot Brown is a famous Kentucky dish, originating in the Brown Hotel in Louisville.

Louisville Famous Dish | The Hot Brown Recipe | The Brown Hotel

Eating a Hot Brown at the Brown Hotel is on my culinary bucket list.

CD
+1
We had lunch there a few years back and like a ditz, I didn't order it, because it has Tomatoes in it, I very much dislike Tomatoes... ditz! I could have asked for them to leave them on the side! Oh well.

Pork and sauerkraut is my family's traditional NYD good luck combination. I am planning pork tenderloin, sous vide and seared, with mashed potatoes and kraut.

CD
Wow, how nice to read this! It really is a good combination, I feel.Your plan sounds delicious, how did it turn out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom