What did you cook or eat today (January 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just use the frozen ones?
I just cut them into slices when they've been out of the freezer for about 5 minutes.

I'd forgotten really. It was already cooked when I realised. It's my age. (I usually add them within minutes of completion so they don't burn)

Hey stranger. We've missed you. Good to see you.

Never heard of Tiella Barese. It looks like good comfort food.

CD

Thank you caseydog, so kind of you.

Tiella Barese is a traditional dish from the city of Bari (hence the name Barese) in Puglia region. Basically it’s made of layers of sliced onion, potato, Pecorino, mussels (in the shells) and uncooked rice ( Arborio works better), then some water poured in and put in the oven where all ingredients cook.
It’s so good.

avg hamburger.jpg

I used the little mini waffle maker I got MrsT for Christmas to cook me up a quick lunch:

View attachment 94679View attachment 94680

That’s leftover mashed potatoes, with a little egg, flour, green onion, and cheese stirred in. Delicious!
Next time you can put the bacon right on top of the batter before you close the waffle maker and it will bake the bacon right in!

Redo of last night. I was going to make Hot Browns tonight, but realized right before i was going to make dinner that i forgot to take the bacon out of the freezer.

We two were out-and-about today and decided that linner (late lunch/early dinner) out would be great.
So I motored over 3 towns up from us and we ate at our favorite Pizza Joint.
We shared a Greek Salad and a Cheese Pizza ... no photos, `cuz we eat there all the time.
We had half of the Pizza left, so that can be munchies for later if someone gets hungry.
edit - here's a caveat to our Pizza Joint, your clothes smell of Pizza, maybe not such a bad thing though :laugh:

First pizza of the new year - pepperoni and mushroom (no chillis!)

Following suggestions made on this forum (#1) I tried pan frying the pizza first to develop a crispier crust in the centre. I heated a smearing of olive oil (ELOO) in a suitable frying pan and "fried" the pizza for around 4 minutes (it had just begun to smoke a little). Then I transferred the pizza to the halogen oven, sprinkled over some dried oregano and added sliced mushrooms. This was then cooked for a further 7 or 8 minutes at 225°C until all the cheese had melted and the visible crust was browning.

It was definitely a better crust overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom