What did you cook or eat today (January 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the depths of the freezer, some of last summers cold soups. It was (emphasis on was) too hot to eat anything hot. It dropped from 31°C to 15°C inside 2 hours, and now we can sleep if the storms don't wake us. Such is summer in Australia.

View attachment 94574

PS, Hubby did the basil leaves and presentation and sent me back to the sofa to collect my phone to photo because I didn't take it with me to the table! :laugh:

Beautiful. Is this shredded cabbage with carrots?

Well, the weather outside is cold, snowy, windy and damp ... this calls for SOUP!

IMG_2435.JPG

My version of Hawaii-Style Portuguese Bean Soup
I had gone deep freezer diving, looking for something interesting for our lunch today and came up with a zip-top baggie of this. I also found that I now only have one more of those baggies left - time for another batch!
I added some cooked elbow macaroni and some more fresh green cabbage (we like lots of "goodies", not just broth) and SOUPS ON! :laugh:

View attachment 94593

As the saying goes, when life gives you bananas, make banana bread. Or something like that. I was about to throw these out, when I decided to put them to work:

View attachment 94594

I made it with hazelnuts and chopped up dates. It’s not super sweet, but it does taste good with a cup of coffee. I will be posting this later.

I've got a couple bananas in the freezer that were going black, waiting on a couple more, then we'll have some banana bread or muffins too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom