What did you cook or eat today (January 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting closer! Feta, mozzarella and munster. 😋
20230101_134017.jpg

20230101_134011.jpg

Looks great!

Being in Detroit, you should be able to get ahold of Widmer’s brick cheese, if you’re looking for that “authentic” Detroit pizza experience.
I managed to find it in Cuba (the western NY town, not the country).

Apologizing in advance for the lousy photos, but my cooking partner is even a worse photographer than I am. Picky Eater took photos too, so she'll send me hers after she gets back home. Anyway, NYE dinner and first meeting between Picky Eater, my cooking partner/BFF, and my daughter. Apps were spinach pkhali and butternut squash in a tomato/ginger sauce, then the main course of Chateaubriand with morels and Brussels sprouts latkes. The vegetarians had the same latkes, but the main was khinkali dumplings made with Beyond Meat (I'll post a photo of that later) napped with the same morel/red wine reduction that the meat eaters got.

Well lubricated with local bubbly, a 2019 Brezeme Blanc, and a 1999 Cote-Rotie La Belle Helene. Dessert was a flourless chocolate cake made by Picky Eater with a 1986 Mas Blanc Banyuls Rimage.

chateaubriand.jpg
pkhali.jpg

I managed to find it in Cuba (the western NY town, not the country).

Apologizing in advance for the lousy photos, but my cooking partner is even a worse photographer than I am. Picky Eater took photos too, so she'll send me hers after she gets back home. Anyway, NYE dinner and first meeting between Picky Eater, my cooking partner/BFF, and my daughter. Apps were spinach pkhali and butternut squash in a tomato/ginger sauce, then the main course of Chateaubriand with morels and Brussels sprouts latkes. The vegetarians had the same latkes, but the main was khinkali dumplings made with Beyond Meat (I'll post a photo of that later) napped with the same morel/red wine reduction that the meat eaters got.

Well lubricated with local bubbly, a 2019 Brezeme Blanc, and a 1999 Cote-Rotie La Belle Helene. Dessert was a flourless chocolate cake made by Picky Eater with a 1986 Mas Blanc Banyuls Rimage.

View attachment 94486View attachment 94485
Sounds wonderful, and I think the photos are fine!

For the first time in probably 20 years I've not cooked my husband steak, egg, chips, mushrooms and peas for new year. I've been adding drawers to kitchen cupboards so the kitchen is upside down. We did have some Portuguese Squid Stew from the freezer though. 😋

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom