What did you cook or eat today (July 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were a bit emotionally drained last night so Mrs Blank made my fav comfort food Cauliflower cheese to go with the left over Porchetta.
116215426_879875729168610_5115337108663786551_n.jpg

116321080_879875742501942_9006404504394871283_n.jpg

For one person?
I make batch meal so hubby has 2 a day at work then I normally cook a separate meal for evening.

So 17 went in freezer theres about 5 in there already, I like to keep approx 30 in freezer as then theres always meals prepared.
Tommorrow night il do a rice dish but instead of doing 2 portions for our dinner il cook 10 portions of rice, then make 8 separate egg fried rice meals for freezer to keep it topped up.
14 meals a week for hubby, as he has 2 a day, If I want 1 a day & sometimes once or twice a week if we get in late then we have 1 for dinner.
They don't last couple of week.
I love batch cooking as I buy loads of fresh veg then cook & freeze so nothing goes to waste.

Blimey - that's very organised. My freezer is so stuffed with ancient things there is no room for more... despite my New Year's Resolution and lockdown resolution to use it all up.
I would love a chest freezer, but have no room for one, I have 2 fridge/freezers in kitchen, looks really weird lol.
Both freezers are normally full as I freeze alot of fruit to.

I defrosted my freezer with a hairdryer once & the amount of ice that came out was unbelievable, I must of had double the space after.

That would be those lilac shorts - in another thread epicuric said:

And in case anyone is lost - we are referring to this wonderful image:

View attachment 44095
It's not really a very elegant or flattering pose. Now I am torn between setting the record straight, minus the coat, and hiding behind my usual cloak of anonymity. Anyway, about the steak...

Hake, stuffed with basil pesto and cooked en papillot on a bed of sliced mushrooms, peppers, choritzo and white wine.

Used the base to make a sauce, and served with fennel gratin and the first crop of runner beans from the garden.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is eating two full meals at work and then another at home? That seems a lot.
He lifts weight, his really strong, my batch meals are smaller than a main meal but not by much, he has breakfast to, like oat cereal/banana or avocado on rice pancakes with scambled eggs etc.
For work he takes 2 meals, plus 2 fruits, 2 brown rice cakes with peanut butter, nuts/yogurt, then has main meal at night, he loves healthy foods & for training he eats over 3000cals aday.
He has a drink in morning what's over 300cals I think.

I buy so much fruit veg oats meat & peanut butter etc.

I got stopped in a supermarket when everyone was panic buying & they said why you buying so many bags of oats & eggs, it was only for 2 weeks lol🙈.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom