What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch:

Arby's tonight, and in a hurry at that, so no time to arrange it:

Reuben and salad for MrsT:

Plain roast beef and fries for me:

Have to say, I'm not pleased finding out Arby's have discontinued their potato cakes in place of crinkle-cut fries. I like crinkle-cut fries just fine, but they already have seasoned shoestring fries on the menu.

Word on the street is that the whole "no more potato cakes" is just part of a marketing campaign - take them away temporarily so they can bring them back after claiming much uproar from the public. Let's hope so. Their potato cakes were frequently the tipping point between choosing Arby's or some other place.

I got yelled at by the counter girl at the pizza joint this evening..I was sitting on a forbidden stool beside the cash counter waiting for somebody to come out of the kitchen. She shouted "Get off of that stool" ..lol..it had a ribbon attatched to it which acted as a barrier for a closed off section...I felt like saying I wouldn't be sitting down if you didn't take 5 minutes chatting with the cooks before you came out to serve me...then, to get mad at me....sheesh! I was going to drop a fiver in the tip jar, but I put it back in my pocket and let her have the 75 cents change from my pie...lol...

Last edited:
Arby's tonight, and in a hurry at that, so no time to arrange it:

Reuben and salad for MrsT:
View attachment 68146

View attachment 68143

Plain roast beef and fries for me:
View attachment 68144

View attachment 68145

Have to say, I'm not pleased finding out Arby's have discontinued their potato cakes in place of crinkle-cut fries. I like crinkle-cut fries just fine, but they already have seasoned shoestring fries on the menu.

Word on the street is that the whole "no more potato cakes" is just part of a marketing campaign - take them away temporarily so they can bring them back after claiming much uproar from the public. Let's hope so. Their potato cakes were frequently the tipping point between choosing Arby's or some other place.

"Arby's: like if a stomach could get punched in the balls.” -- Jon Stewart

CD

I met my Aunt and Uncle (dad's younger brother) over in Denton for dinner, as they were staying the night there on their way to Houston to visit my parents.

We at at the Cracker Barrel next to their hotel. So, I had a whole day's calories, fat and sodium on a plate. It was actually good.

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 8.49.08 PM.jpg

CD

Kid had bolognese over wholgerain spaghetti. I avoided the tomato sauce as potential irritans,so chicken thigh,red lentil carrot stew, mixed green salad,blueberries.
Watermelon,raspberries.
Lots of salvia tea throughout the day.

Got the spices,👍🤓, but will wait,cannot have spicy food for now.

Dinner lefiver red lentil,grass,black olives,blueberries,sesame and flax sprinkle,1 boiled egg,cornflour bread toasted.

It was a very good day. Both healthwise and reading a work related book going well,taking notes. A nice datenight too.

Starting the meds today. I hope to mild or better yet no side effects. But we shall see🍀.😊

Made this last night from a Blue Apron package (they give you all ingredients and recipe). Its seared cod atop a mixture of arugula potatoes and kohlrabi, accented with currants, mini peppers, and pistachios.

20210727_185655.jpg

I told the wife, that's a pretty dish! Then I tasted it and remarked that it looked better than it tasted 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom