What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to IKEA looking for a lamp. Every single lamp was out of stock. So were lightbulbs.

So I bought some of their meatballs, packet sauce and vegetable cakes:

0B5D6EF2-8B8C-4D45-86D5-89DDF5F31869.jpeg

Made this last night from a Blue Apron package (they give you all ingredients and recipe). Its seared cod atop a mixture of arugula potatoes and kohlrabi, accented with currants, mini peppers, and pistachios.

View attachment 68176

I told the wife, that's a pretty dish! Then I tasted it and remarked that it looked better than it tasted 😅

Nicely plated for sure.

I made a German-inspired Jucy Lucy, so we'll say a Saftig von Lucy, along with some potatoes I cooked in a foil pack (with bacon fat and spices), and glazed carrots:

The burger is made from bratwurst patties with a hunk of Muenster in the middle. Topped with mustard only, because simpler is usually better, and not because I burnt the caramelized onions when I reheated them... :whistling:

I went to IKEA looking for a lamp. Every single lamp was out of stock. So were lightbulbs.

So I bought some of their meatballs, packet sauce and vegetable cakes:

View attachment 68178

I haven't had IKEA Swedish meatballs in years. I need to pick some up. IKEA is only a few miles from home. I've never tried their sauce. Is it good?

CD

I haven't had IKEA Swedish meatballs in years. I need to pick some up. IKEA is only a few miles from home. I've never tried their sauce. Is it good?

CD

Yeah - I like it. According to the packet its called Gräddsås (this one linked is the one sold here in the store).

If you have the inclination, the recipe they published makes them exactly (I've done it a couple of times).

ikea-meatball-recipe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom