What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took Craig out for his birthday to our favorite Mexican place. It's a bit of a drive and a bit pricey, but food is always good. My favorite thing there is their pork belly chicharrone tacos. Didn't get those this time though.

Appys of queso fundido dip made of chihuahua cheese and roasted poblano and guacamole. I had codzitos pabil and Craig had a red mole enchilada but I don't know what protein he picked.

Last nights dinner was inspired by the heat. Toast with cheese and salad. Pud Watermelon
1627700566887.png
1627700582544.png

I took Craig out for his birthday to our favorite Mexican place. It's a bit of a drive and a bit pricey, but food is always good. My favorite thing there is their pork belly chicharrone tacos. Didn't get those this time though.

Appys of queso fundido dip made of chihuahua cheese and roasted poblano and guacamole. I had codzitos pabil and Craig had a red mole enchilada but I don't know what protein he picked.
Best wishes to Craig for his birthday.🎉

Happy Birthday CraigC !

Chicken thighs,brown spaghetti,grass.

Crackers, cornbread, black olives,water to kickstart the day.

Doc said it is more likely a heart or blood pressure what it was, so on with the medication, minus supplements, so that they won't interfere.

I didn't mention it, but I was a little concerned about the supplements you mentioned. You really shouldn't take supplements with medications unless approved by your doctor.

CD

This beef fillet was taken out of the freezer last Saturday and left in the fridge (sealed with it's blood/hemoglobin). Today I pan fried it (60 seconds both sides) and subjected it to the blowtorch/blowlamp.

The "marinating" made a marginal difference to the tenderness but a more significant difference to the taste. It could, of course, be just the difference in the cut.

Served with chips and sweetcorn.

Last edited:
You cooked mayonnaise? :ohmy:
Yeah, that's not unusual. One of the techniques, for example, to up your grilled (by which I mean pan-fried) cheese sandwiches is to smear mayonnaise on the outside of the bread instead of butter.

Mayonnaise, for those who like to do this sort of thing, is also a common stir-in for scrambled eggs (same thing with sour cream). I normally wouldn't do that, but I'm going to this morning, because I have just a bit of that mayonnaise left.

As to the white pizza, I didn't think of that on my own, I had my pick of numerous recipes that used mayonnaise in the sauce. Don't knock it, it was delicious (and greasy)! 😋

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom