What did you cook or eat today (July 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other night, I deliberately made two extra copycat Sizzler's Malibu Chicken cutlets, so that we could have this

IMG_1818.JPG

I reheated the cutlets in the microwave oven for just a short bit and placed them on Brioche Buns with the diners choice of accompaniments. This is my plate with Rainbow Microgreens and some Honey Mustard.
French Fries were on each plate too.
Both DH & I said the same, this is much better as a sandwich than as a main dish.

Custard square for wifes supper , I bought while having a coffee yesterday. She bought us souvlaki for dinner last night.
Rugby with mr7 this morning. So a pie at a bakery on way home. He got player of the day. Scored 2 tries.
Cookies and milk just now.

Tea will be?????
Its early days?

Russ

We had a meal out last night. It was excellent.
The hotel chain went vegetarian for 12 months last year with 1 hotel going fully vegan. We had had a room booked at that hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary but circumstances with Covid flaring up and it being right in the middle of the worst area meant we sadly cancelled. Instead we had a meal at our "local" hotel. It was excellent. Having a birthday 2 days after our wedding anniversary and over the Christmas period, I've celebrated my half birthday instead for decades now. Last night was the closest weekend night to that date, so we booked a meal out again.
This was a 7 course tasting menu for 2, so you get half size portions each for all except the mains. The main course is 2 dishes, full sized but they are placed in the middle (a style we are familiar with with the Vietnamese restaurant we frequent) and you get serving plates to dish a portion out on to.

The lighting wasn't very good, so apologies for the poor photos.

It meal was excellent however.

This was a steamed Bao bun. It was actually my least favourite of the dishes mostly because it didn't think the filling worked particularly well and it was cold, not warm. A shame really.

This was gorgeous and we both cleared the plates completely.

Possibly my favourite dish. A selection of wild mushrooms in a deep fried wanton with a clear miso (?) sauce that was very tasty.

The butternut squash was totally smooth and lovely and crispy on the outside.

Another favourite dish, mushrooms galore. I've not been able to find it on the menu, so can't tell you exactly what it is. Elements of the vegetarian tasting menu get shared with the vegan tasting menu, but the dishes they have to change can be hard to identify all elements of, and this is one that's vegan only...

The raspberry sorbet on the vanilla custard was my favourite dessert.

The crumble worked ok, but we found it a little too sweet for our tastes.

All in all a lovely meal out.

Last edited:
The hotel chain went vegetarian for 12 months last year with 1 hotel going fully vegan. We had had a room booked at that hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary but circumstances with Covid flaring up and it being right in the middle of the worst area meant we sadly cancelled. Instead we had a meal at our "local" hotel. It was excellent. Having a birthday 2 days after our wedding anniversary and over the Christmas period, I've celebrated my half birthday instead for decades now. Last night was the closest weekend night to that date, so we booked a meal out again.
This was a 7 course tasting menu for 2, so you get half size portions each for all except the mains. The main course is 2 dishes, full sized but they are placed in the middle (a style we are familiar with with the Vietnamese restaurant we frequent) and you get serving plates to dish a portion out on to.

This was a steamed Bao bun. It was actually my least favourite of the dishes mostly because it didn't think the filling worked particularly well and it was cold, not warm. A shame really.

Possibly my favourite dish. A selection of wild mushrooms in a deep fried wanton with a clear miso (?) sauce that was very tasty.

Another favourite dish, mushrooms galore. I've not been able to find it on the menu, so can't tell you exactly what it is. Elements of the vegetarian tasting menu get shared with the vegan tasting menu, but the dishes they have to change can be hard to identify all elements of, and this is one that's vegan only...

Wow, my kind of meal.

Looks brilliant! I love eating smaller portions like this. Was it very expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom