What did you cook or eat today (July 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made Iowa pork tenderloin sandwiches. Here's the pork tenderloin. I soaked the pork pieces in seasoned buttermilk and breaded them with a mix of panko and regular breadcrumbs. They were melt-in-your-mouth tender.

I made Iowa pork tenderloin sandwiches. Here's the pork tenderloin. I soaked the pork pieces in seasoned buttermilk and breaded them with a mix of panko and regular breadcrumbs. They were melt-in-your-mouth tender.

View attachment 87353
I grew up in Iowa. Never heard of them and never had one. Of course I only remember going out to eat twice as a child. That and my mom was an awful cook.

I grew up in Iowa. Never heard of them and never had one. Of course I only remember going out to eat twice as a child. That and my mom was an awful cook.
The Hunt For Iowa’s Best Pork Tenderloin Sandwich | Recipe - Let's Go Iowa

State Fair Tenderloins

I guess they are really popular, especially at state fairs. I didn't pound mine flat, but I also used tenderloin, whereas some people use pork loin so I suppose it needs to be flattened out. They are really good. I like mine on a toasted bun with pickles, mustard, and mayonnaise.

Circumstances have dictated an unexpected lunch out yet again. (Physio wasn't happy with hubby's wound from his surgery, so we're having to stay put 65km from home whilst we wait for him to see the nurse at the doctors surgery, luckily it's next door to physio in the same building).

So because we ate out at the only other place I can eat at last week, we went to the Greek pizza takeaway place. They do an amazing pizza and without dairy it is still very good.

Circumstances have dictated an unexpected lunch out yet again. (Physio wasn't happy with hubby's wound from his surgery, so we're having to stay put 65km from home whilst we wait for him to see the nurse at the doctors surgery, luckily it's next door to physio in the same building).

So because we ate out at the only other place I can eat at last week, we went to the Greek pizza takeaway place. They do an amazing pizza and without dairy it is still very good.

Not quite a small portion indeed but those fries look amazing 😍

Although I am awake most of the days at 4 and 5 and 6 am, I do tend to cook later in the evening, after 10 pm, after the electricity is on the lower tariff. Probably not to make noise as my daughter is sleeping. And she is wide awake that late at night :) So last night, zucchini and potato and onion (an 1/8 of alarge one) fritters, fresh tom salad, horse radish (shop bought from Easter). And a very tasty home baked sugarless, gluten free banana bread, an improved recipe, very happy with it.

Bananabread was still hot so I tried it this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom